*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/622984-Child-psychology-in-the-morning-shower
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#622984 added December 7, 2008 at 12:36pm
Restrictions: None
Child psychology in the morning shower
Have to note this thought down, because otherwise the insight just gets forgotten. Taking the morning shower, and I know the youngest is up but being quiet and secretly working on her brother's Christmas gift. They're both at ages when I wonder how much of what I allow to come out of my mouth filters through. And, more importantly, how much of it I really want to be taken seriously. Maybe because I'm in my own hygenic ritual, my thoughts are drifting to whether the reluctant nine-year old herself needs a shower.

That's when I already hear the lecture playing out in my head, and the first point I use in this not-verbalized, yet likely scenario is the reference to when I was young.... "You don't want to have one of your own (stuck in a club together, so not sitting together in a backseat by choice) "friends" quiz you about the number of times you shower in a week -- and have your answer confirm what they already know by smell."

Then the quiet, ever so wise revelation "speaks."

Why does training the kids have to be based on your history...our anyone's history?

It's true...I know better.

"Our history is not limited by precedent."

The Divine Truth isn't usually what or HOW we remember to teach is it?

I feel foolish most of the times I dictate punishment for one of my kids' actions -- There's a better way, child

Okay, yeah, but who's teaching it, or even modeling it? I love TV, but I know it's rarely something to emulate (especially family dynamics!)

The best lessons that I do teach my kids are from what I model -- but I can't always explain beyond the doing.

Have to think about this more....


© Copyright 2008 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/622984-Child-psychology-in-the-morning-shower