*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/621333-my-star-dont-shine
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#621333 added November 30, 2008 at 1:55pm
Restrictions: None
my star don't shine
"Invalid Entry because there is an emptiness inside of my that nothing can fill except … except what? Sometimes prayer and meditation fill the void inside. Sometimes writing mystic poems fills the emptiness. Sometimes writing bitter love poems fills the hollowness. Sometimes writing short stories or a novel fills the empty space. Sometimes I just contemplate the abyss and then push through the darkness to the other side where I know that warmth and light exist and that my star will shine again.

my star don’t shine because the fragments of my soul are scattered across the landscape of my past and my future … fragments that I know were once part of my soul’s mirror meant to reflect the Beloved. I look at the fragments of my spirit and realize that if I don’t love and value myself I can’t reflect the Glory of God or expect my star to shine.

my star don’t shine because I gave up my pipe dreams and then realized I needed them … so I began the process of regaining them and found that they had expanded into a new vision of existence in which my star shines again.

my star don’t shine because sometimes I think I’m boring, but then I realize that I’m not boring just bored … this means I’m in a rut and for my star to shine I have to climb out of my rut.

My response to the November 30, 2008 leading entry by MaryLou



© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/621333-my-star-dont-shine