*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623715-Snowed-In
Rated: ASR · Book · Experience · #1486637
This blog is a wide variety of things. Most titles are prompts I have followed.
#623715 added December 11, 2008 at 1:53am
Restrictions: None
Snowed In!
Bill wondered how a simple snow day got so out of control.  His wife Jenny was visiting her sister and helping with a new baby boy.  He was glad she got there safe before the storm blew in.  He let the kids stay up late last night; he knew school would be cancelled, and he hoped they would sleep in this morning.  Of course, his plans never worked out how he wanted them to. 

The kids wanted to play outside.  That was what snow days were for, after all.  When they woke up that morning, it was fairly clear they wouldn’t be going outside right away.  The wind has whipped and pushed the snow from seemingly every direction.  They could barely see out of the windows of the ranch-style home, and the doors couldn’t open against the snow.

Bill surveyed the room.  Everything was wet; Chrissy was crying into the phone to one of her friends; John was sulking on the couch, and a vase was broken on the living room floor.  It was the vase breaking that woke up Bill from his nap.  The room felt cold.  It was then that he realized what had happened.

“Who started it?” he rose his voice at both of the kids.

Neither dared say a word for several minutes.

“I was on the phone with Molly, Dad,” Chrissy whimpered.  That only left John.

“John?” Bill tried to be calm.  “Did you open that window and start this indoor snowball fight?”

Word Count: 248


** Image ID #1464515 Unavailable **

The Angel Outreach Program - Click me to find out more!

** Image ID #1503218 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Beck Firing back up! (UN: write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beck Firing back up! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623715-Snowed-In