*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623717-Time-Reveals
Rated: ASR · Book · Experience · #1486637
This blog is a wide variety of things. Most titles are prompts I have followed.
#623717 added December 11, 2008 at 2:37am
Restrictions: None
Time Reveals.....
“Something that will be revealed in time…”

There are so many things right now that I know will be revealed in time… I don’t think I can pick one.  Whether or not it made sense for me to continue on to school for my MBA will be revealed in time.  Had I known I would be moving back to the small, rural area where I was born and raised, I may not have even pursued it.  But, the fact is that I did, and now I have to wait to see if it was worth the expense.  This is one of those towns where you have to wait for someone to die or retire and beat everyone who may be halfway qualified (or have the “right” last name) to get that coveted position.

Another thing that will be revealed in time…. How far we can really go with our business.  I have the utmost faith in the idea.  My “other half” (we’re not married, but I’m closer to 40 than 30, so ‘boyfriend’ doesn’t really have that ring to it that it did when I was 20, if you know what I mean… but I digress) is, bar none, the best HVAC service tech in the area.  He’s worked for so many other people for so long… it was time for him to go out on his own.  His reputation follows him, and, as his former customers need things, they will be sure to call, once they know he is back and working on his own…. There’s one thing about being in a northern climate.  If your furnace goes out in the winter, it doesn’t really matter what else is going on.  You need to get it fixed.  Fact of life. 

I think this business is the best idea the two of us have ever had.  So, that being said, with his knowledge and training in the industry, and my business knowledge, we should be the perfect couple as far as starting this business.  So, time will reveal exactly how far we will go.

Time reveals how so many situations will work out.  Time brings new experiences, and those experiences change people.  An excellent example is a young man who works for me.  He’s a good “kid”… I think he’s maybe 22-24.  He hasn’t had a lot of direction and he’s done things wrong in the past.  But, he’s really trying to straighten out.  He’s got a good girlfriend now, and they are making plans to get everything back on track.  She is also pregnant with their first child.  A few weeks ago, I caught an interaction between them where she told him to make sure he had the day off when she went to the Dr.’s appointment where they would be able to hear the baby’s heartbeat.  He told her the heartbeat wasn’t as big of a deal as him making money and he wasn’t taking an extra day off to do that.  I understood his point at the time… they need every penny each of them can make to take care of this little one.

He came to work tonight with the biggest smile I think I have ever seen on a human being.  He told everyone that he got to hear his baby’s heartbeat for the first time.  He even told some of our regular customers.  I believe that time will reveal him to be a great father.  He grew up with meager means and, even if his child’s life starts that way, I think he/she will have a good start in life, and these two will be loving, supportive parents.  One of the great things about being a manager in the restaurant industry it watching your employees change and grow into great adults…. And to see what time will reveal next.


** Image ID #1464515 Unavailable **

The Angel Outreach Program - Click me to find out more!

** Image ID #1503218 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Beck Firing back up! (UN: write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beck Firing back up! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623717-Time-Reveals