*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623955-Full-Cold-Moon
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#623955 added December 12, 2008 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
Full Cold Moon
the full cold moon


Tonight is a full cold moon----even in Southwest Florida--it will be cool. So today's Tarot Card is a self-created one-----Full Cold Moon....

dealing with the lesser angels of our personalities.....the full moon illumines all the dark corners of our unconcious....

A Full Cold Advent Moon......what is the meaning of Christ's message and how do we live it out in the world?

Because of the economy..because of a fractured wrist....I am opting out of the frantic materialism of the American Christmas. Gifts only for the grandkids....and on a smaller scale.....no Christmas cards....but phone calls.....and Christmas love letters to those held close at heart.

My husband's Christmas gift to me was putting up our tree....the only decoration this year....

It feels liberating and freeing.....David has to work this evening....so we won't be able to get to the beach for the full moon.....but I will sit on our lanai and watch it rise and be reflected in the small pond behind our house...

My Christmas present for David....reminding him daily how grateful I am for him being in my life....he is making it possible for me to function and to keep working while my wrist is
healing.

Work is terrible....I plod along day-to-day.....I may eventually...when the fracture is healed,and my arm is whole....simply go back to doing private-duty nursing....typically there are no benefits for this type of work. But, starting in January,Florida will be offering semi-affordable health insurance for the uninsured...and that may be enough.

All I want for Christmas is peace, personal and global, and simplicity.

Tonight, under the full cold moon, I will pray to God and to St. Jude to guide me to work that will provide me with security and joy, and most of all, the ability to serve God in love.

I do not know where I am going, and I am surrendering all my need, all my fear to Spirit.

I recently received a small prayer booklet from the National Shrine of St. Jude Thaddeus---

"the patron saint of hopeless causes"......and I remembered that Jude's small book in the Bible has always been a favorite....because of it's simplicity.

I love the richness, the mysticism, the ritual of the Catholic church, and the panoply of saints......but my mind cannot close around all of it's beliefs....

so I choose what I can, and wrestle with the rest.....and ask God for daily Light.

Advent Blessings!

 For Christmas  (E)
an eintou, West African poetry form, a Christmas wish
#1362603 by ridinghhood-p.boutilier



© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/623955-Full-Cold-Moon