*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624052-Collecting-The-Random
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1478547
"All books are either dreams or swords."
#624052 added December 13, 2008 at 2:23am
Restrictions: None
Collecting The Random
Okay, so I'm not brain dead just brain scrambled.

That's alright. Really. I can deal with that for sure. It just means that I won't be making sense for a while instead for small bouts of time in five minute intervals. That doesn't bother people too much, right? Right. Okay. I can do this... so here's the random of me so far:

I was very close to catching up with my campfires. I mean single digit numbers. Then a dump truck full of "Your Turn" notices unloaded themselves in my email. That's cool though. I'll get them done. I can feel the fire burning to get the campfires done again. It feels good to have the sensation back.

The first round of my contest "The Elementalist Contest closes on Sunday. I'm thrilled! There has been tons of entries this first time around, which I hope will lead to a successful contest that runs for a long while. I have a lot of reading to get through on Monday, but I'm happy to do it. Not only do I get to read some great stuff and work on my reviewing skills, I also get to recognize some excellent work. *Smile*

Opened up my first auction ("Invalid Item and my shoppe ("Invalid Item) today. For the auction, I have my fingers crossed that it will work out with huge, fantastic, asteroid size results and winnings. The main portion of the profits goes to helping some great writers and friends of mine here on WDC whose upgrades are about run out in the next couple of months. Not only do I want this to be good, I need this to be good. If this works though I think I'll start a monthly auction called "Save A Writer!"... but I'm getting way ahead of myself here.

My shoppe is pretty cool if I do say so myself. *brushes imaginary lint off my shoulder* Its another way to earn some gift points to help pay for things, but really I'm doing it for the experience. I'm a geek. A moody, sarcastic, slightly hobbit-sized, music eccentric crazed geek, but a geek none the less. Research is my thing, and if it starts lively discussion, the more the better. Got my first order today too, which I'm excited to get started on. The Squiress is coming to a city near you. Brace yourselves.

Blogging has been an odd experience lately. I've been doing well with the 31-Day Journal Challenge, even came up with the prompt yesterday, but on here its been wonky. I've attempted to write several different blog entries about Arthurian legends, favorite children's books, exceptional speculative fiction here on the site, etc. But, usually, a quarter of the way through it I stop and trash it. Again, I blame the brain scamble. One of these days I'll get things back on track.

On a more personal note, my family has gone to the dogs, but who can't say that about their fam during the holidays? I won't go into details as I've come to learn that "loose lips sink ships", but decisive to say I'm beyond bloody piss at one of my older brothers. Pretty sure, at some point, once I find him, I'm going to kick his ass. And I'm not being playful either. Its the best way I can see to spread the holiday freakin' cheer this year.

Recently, I've immersed myself in country and mullet rock. I don't know if I'm feeling the need to go back and reminisce about my childhood memories of Bakersfield, and the country side, and the smell of cow poo, and what have you, but there it is. Suddenly my music playlists once filled with Mos Def, Jimi Hendrix, Fredrick Chopin, Django Reinhardt, System of a Down and Frank Sinatra are now being replaced with Mountain, Brooks & Dunn, Shania Twain, Craig Morgan and the Dixie Chicks. Maybe I have lost my mind...

Also, I've recently discovered my odd obsession with commas and exclamation points in my writing. The comma thing I've had since forever but exclamation points? I'm not even that loud or happy. What's with that?

*sighs*

Well, here's the collection of randomness that is my life at moment. Another task done. Now off to listen to "Whiskey Lullaby". Don't judge me.

© Copyright 2008 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624052-Collecting-The-Random