*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625063-It-Snowed-in-Las-Vegas-Yesterday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#625063 added December 18, 2008 at 8:44pm
Restrictions: None
It Snowed in Las Vegas Yesterday
It snowed in the Las Vegas valley yesterday. It snow huge white fluffy flakes that melted when they touched the ground. After about an hour or so the flakes started to accumulate on the roves of houses and cars. My car, which still doesn’t run and is parked in my driveway, was covered with snow.

I haven’t seen snow like this in the valley for ten years. It was beautiful. It was cold. It was wet. It was wonderful. Today there were still patches of snow on bushes and in shaded areas. There was a partial cloud cover and the snow melted slowly.

Flights into and out of McCarran Airport were either rerouted to California or didn’t take off. McCarran doesn’t have equipment to clear the runways. The visibility on the streets was only one or two block yesterday. The schools even consider declaring a Snow Day. We didn’t get a white Christmas, but the valley was covered with snow for a little while.


© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625063-It-Snowed-in-Las-Vegas-Yesterday