*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625414
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#625414 added December 26, 2008 at 4:46pm
Restrictions: None
Underclass: like underwear on a diarrhea day
Underclass: like underwear on a diarrhea day
2008 December 21

My response to Tor's blog entry: "Invalid Entry

When I was in Kansas, $200/month would've covered utilities and I wouldn't have been homeless. GA was $217/month, but a person had to fill out forms, kiss-ass, fight for it and prove they deserved the entire amount. This in a town where the university out of greed moved the KU/MU game to Kansas City costing the local businesses over $2 million.

Instead, the place I stayed cost the place about $500/month/person to make us fight over a space e.v.e.r.y f*ing night for 2 years. At the same time there were empty units and apartment by the hundreds all over town. When I stayed with a friend, his landlord thought I was stiffing him out of additional rent (when I was penniless).

The thread of thought here? G>R>E>E>D> and folks wonder why the underclass feels like underwear on a diarrhea day. *Frown*

Oh ... and when the homeless setup a tent city this past autumn ... they bulldozed it.

So ...

Underclass: like underwear on a diarrhea day

The trickle down theory works well for the poor if you are into peeing your pants while standing in a G-forsaken line for who knows how long, unable or un-willing to give up your spot.

Lines R Us is a mantra of the underclass. Fill out this form, fill out that. The city where I lived wanted to register the homeless to allow them to eat. Thankfully the churches told them to stuff that.

But in an impersonal town with talking heads sitting next to a county with incredible wealth ... no one wanted to move the homeless into shelter ... oh, they SAID that they did ... if you'd kindly fill out this form, fill out that, see whether there is a funding stream that considers you human, if not ... we help not. They took care of their pets better than they did their fellow human beings.

Well, they would deny that. And I would agree! The homeless and the poor were beneath being human.

Bitter?

You bet.

I had the experience of being poor in Oklahoma, helped by the not-as-poor-as-me. In Kansas I was treated like the shit on the bottom of their designer shoes ... to be periodically wiped off and forgot about.

I'm still poor. But, I receive phone calls! offers for rides! invitations to join in groups! I feel embraced in Montana. In Kansas, the underclass is just underwear on a diarrhea day.
4

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/625414