*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626220-Placing-myself-in-her-shoes
Rated: ASR · Book · Experience · #1486637
This blog is a wide variety of things. Most titles are prompts I have followed.
#626220 added December 26, 2008 at 7:20pm
Restrictions: None
Placing myself in her shoes
Prompt:
Place yourself in the shoes of someone who has a disability and write about something
they THINK they cannot do but after trying and trying, they find they are able to.


I have a cousin with MS.  She is, at this point, confined to a wheel chair and has vision problems.  I tell her that she is an inspiration to me.  Things have changed so much for her in the past few years, and she just keeps going.  She has had to adapt to doing things differently than she has in the past, obviously.  To me, these changes in her life seem so drastic.  To her, it’s just day-to-day life.  When I first told her how inspiring she was, she asked me what else I expected her to do.  She said she just had to deal with the ups and downs of her disease and take each day as it comes.  And she is right.  She really has no choice, if she wants to be happy and self-sufficient.  Of course, she could just sit at home and feel sorry for herself.  She could hate the world for how “cruel” it is being to her.  Yet, she chooses to be happy.  She chooses to take each day as it comes and to do as much as she can do, however she can do it.  In that way, she always reminds me that life is what you make it.  I’ve always thought that you can either sit on the couch and let life happen to you, or you can go out and make things happen.  My cousin is a living example of going out and making things happen – and I’m very happy to have her in my life.


** Image ID #1482463 Unavailable **
The Angel Outreach Program - Click me to find out more!
A Simply Positive Group Sig For Reviewers.
** Image ID #1502496 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1503218 Unavailable **
A Sig from Goob
218143218143

© Copyright 2008 Beck Firing back up! (UN: write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beck Firing back up! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626220-Placing-myself-in-her-shoes