*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626398
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1508897
Blogging/Journaling/Complaining on an entirely inconsistent basis.
#626398 added January 9, 2009 at 2:48pm
Restrictions: None
Mimi's & Taylor's Day Out
I have made the long journey to see my grandchildren and enjoyed my second oldest grandchild today.  I came up with a new plan of attack this year:  Take each grandchild out one-on-one for a day.  They get to choose what we do......the sky is the limit.  Today is Taylor Michelle's Day.

We shopped....didn't buy much.  Had ice cream for lunch and some great tacos for an afternoon snack.  We thought we were in a tornado for a bit.  I have never seen it rain so hard or seen such wind shears.  I  pulled off the road and still thought the car was going to be blown over and over.  What a wonderful blessing this turned out to be as we were able to pray together for safety and to give each other strength.

Finally, the rain let up just enough to be able to see and we made it off the freeway to a store's parking lot where we sat out the rest of the turbulence for about an hour.  We shared many wonderful stories and events with each other.  Taylor is almost 13 and such a lady.  How I wish my grandchildren could have spent their summers on my farm with me during that vacation time.  They, alas, have too many sports and sport lessons going on to be able to get out of town.  And, they really do.  They are so active and alive.......and joyous.

Tonight I was able to share some stories from my port that I have written.  Taylor was the only one that was really interested.  Sydney acted interested--bless her sweet heart-- and Spencer was busy elsewhere.  I think they especially liked the ones about their daddies and my years growing up.

I thank God for His blessings.  Life has been great, but the best is yet to come.  Reach out today and touch someone's life.  Make sure you have added some happiness to one other person's joy each day.  By so doing, you will also be joyful and kept from falling into the devil's depression.

I love you Taylor.

© Copyright 2009 Rixfarmgirl (UN: rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rixfarmgirl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626398