*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626667-A-day-of-melting
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nature · #1439094
Look around. Let Nature nurture your Soul. I record images I sense and share them here.
#626667 added December 29, 2008 at 9:26pm
Restrictions: None
A day of melting
Puddles, slush, the thickness of slush, like ... mucous.

Abandoned hot water heater, roof drain spouting a cadence of water, icicles hanging 3 feet where in the shadow of the Babbs, the sun won't reach.

Old door leaning at the back of the Babbs; the ringer not working.

A rivulet running past the defunct Indian restaurant. Black bags overflowing the dumpster by the brewery. Orange peels between the ruts of slushy ice where the bare pavement glistens back; the stones in the asphalt: greywacke, red and rust.

A slip and water enters the shoes.

Green tape around a power pole (begging not be hit). A thin rainbow of gasoline or oil. A shard of fallen ice, slick to the touch.

No birdsong. No sounds except occasional traffic and the ever present water.

The why by the tattoo parlor where this alley bends. One ending where the other begins.

The alley west of Higgins between 3rd and Brooks. 2008, December 28th, Missoula Montana.
89

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/626667-A-day-of-melting