*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/627171-Happy-New-Year
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#627171 added February 28, 2012 at 1:49pm
Restrictions: None
Happy New Year!
I can't believe that I haven't had an entry in here since Christmas Eve, and it is New Years Eve already! We really get caught up in the Holidays.

It is snowing here again tonight. We've already had an inch fall within the past few hours. Just when we were beginning to thaw out some. I guess we may as well settle in and expect a long WHITE winter here.

Today is my daughter's birthday. She was born at 7:14 P.M. on New Years Eve thirty seven years ago. My goodness it doesn't seem like it was that long ago, and she certainly doesn't look that old. I talked to her on the phone today. She said she was staying home tonight and having company in. She still has a lot of snow at her house too. I imagine the roads over on the Peninsula are somewhat treacherous still.

She told me they had some strong wind over there the other day. One big gust blew down a 50 - 60 foot fir tree that came within several feet of the corner of their house! That's the second time this has happened since they have lived there. They cleared a lot of the trees away from the house a couple of years ago. Their home sits on two and a half acres of thickly wooded property. I hope that is the last one to fall that close to the house.


Well, over the course of the Christmas Holidays I have beaten Ron in TWO games of chess! The very first time in over five months of playing chess with him I got him in checkmate at last. Victory was sweet believe me. I must have jumped up and down atleast a dozen times before I grabbed him and hugged him! The last game we played I was cleaning up on him and he finally just resigned, so that was my victory again.*Bigsmile*

He told me that my playing chess on the computer is paying off finally. I have learned to be more aggressive like he is.

Well I hope you all have a very *Balloon3* HAPPY NEW YEAR! *Balloon3*

Photo of my daughter Julie
My daughter Julie (I took this picture in October, 2008)


Blog Christmas Image


© Copyright 2012 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/627171-Happy-New-Year