*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/627281-Dear-Mr-President
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#627281 added January 1, 2009 at 4:35pm
Restrictions: None
Dear Mr. President
In the holiday edition of Las Vegas Review-Journal and Sun (on holiday’s the two papers put out a single edition), in the Las Vegas Sun section were letters written to Barack Obama by several Southern Nevadans. The question asked by the Sun: “If you could pass a note to Barack Obama, what would it say?” Here is what I would say to President Obama.

Dear Mr. President,

The earth, America, and humanity are in the process of transformation and evolution. We are moving into a new era and a new civilization. Into a time when the individual components of humanity will realize that, we are a single species rather then separate races. The next four years will be a traumatic time for all of us.

America has a great destiny to fulfill. In order to fulfill that destiny America must become self-sufficient and economical in its energy use. America must learn to use its natural resources wisely and set an example for nations just learning to use their national resources.

America needs a new definition of unity, which goes beyond party and nation to encompass all of humanity. The country needs to find spiritual strength that goes beyond a single party, individual or the name of a deity.

America can no longer afford to do business as usual. We need to strengthen our educational system, our economic system, and our health system. All of these systems, in addition to others, are components in the whole. The country’s healing comes by focusing on all the components and not just a single component at a time.

The next four years will bring a great deal of change to America and to the world. American needs leaders with the integrity to tell it like it is not just what citizens want to hear.

My prayers are with you and the country, Mr. President.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/627281-Dear-Mr-President