*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/627828-Not-liking-2009-so-far
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #1151935
My thoughts, emotions, frustrations. In short, my life such as it is.
#627828 added January 4, 2009 at 7:22pm
Restrictions: None
Not liking 2009 so far
The new year has started off badly. I hope the first few days aren't an indication of the year ahead. My son's best friend, who spends as much time at my home as his own, was in an auto accident on the 1st day of the new year and had to undergo brain surgery due to a brain injury. He takes medication for seizures but hasn't had any problems for quite a while. After the accident we were told he has an aneurysm in the left side of his brain that apparently ruptured and caused him to have the accident. He then hit a bridge, flipped the car, and eventually went through a fence. A post of the fence went through the windshield and hit him in the right side of the head fracturing his skull and causing bleeding to the brain. He is in critical but stable condition at the present and today they began decreasing the anesthesia to wake him up and hopefully we will know the extent of his limitations then. As a nurse, I have seen patients with injuries to the same area of the brain all respond differently to the injury with different limitations. I hope when he wakes up that he will be the same and only need some rehabilitation to get him back to his previous state. We will have to wait and see. I told my son the only thing we can do is pray and be there for him when he wakes up then be there again for whatever help he needs to get back on his feet, limitations or not. I thank God he is alive and we can deal with the rest when we have to.

Last night I thanked God again. My son was returning home from visiting his friend at the hospital and he also was involved in an accident. It was storming and he hydroplaned off the road, crossed the median, and finally stopped the truck in the oncoming traffic lane. He then threw the truck in reverse to get out of the way of oncoming traffic and then got stuck in the wet ground in the median. He attempted to get out but the soil was too soft and he got stuck spinning his tires. He ran to the store about a mile away and called me to come get him. His friend's brother pulled him out of the median later and they brought his truck home without any more trouble.

Thank you heavenly Father for my son not being with his friend in the accident on New Years Day and for keeping him safe last night when he had his accident. Although 2009 has not started well at all, I am blessed my son is safe and unhurt and I feel God will bring Gery back to us. Whatever else happens we will deal with it and pray for courage and strength. I have a feeling we are going to need it. Gery has a long road ahead of him and I have no doubt God will be there every step of the way.






© Copyright 2009 Wystful (UN: bookishfilly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wystful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/627828-Not-liking-2009-so-far