*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/638176-New-job
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #1151935
My thoughts, emotions, frustrations. In short, my life such as it is.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#638176 added February 28, 2009 at 6:55pm
Restrictions: None
New job
I ran into an old friend who I just happened to mentor while she was going through school for her RN. I was very flattered when she asked me and she graduated at the top of her class. I was so proud of her! Anyway, she is a clinical manager for a home infusion therapy company and offered me a jog. When all was said and done I couldn't turn it down. The money is just too good. Not to mention the benefits. Also what made it so appealing was the workload is not nearly as heavy as the job I had. It was a startling realization to see that I am no longer able to work wide open for 8 hours or more. I was exhausted! Not to mention getting in and out of the car and lugging a laptop and bag with supplies, stethoscope, bp cuff, etc was killing my joints. I did love the hands on patient care and teaching in home health but I was spending all my weekends off, which were not many, recuperating. Even my son, watching me trying to move upon awakening, told me to get another job before I was crippled. So Gina's job offer came at an excellent time.

I am thanking God that for once in my career I will have a high paying, low stress job that will not take a toll on my health. I have taken care of people for my entire adult life and now I am pleased that I will have time to take care of me. After all, I am not getting any younger. They say you are as old as you feel. God, I hope not because lately I have felt like an 80 year old woman.

My son's friend has made little progress since the accident. After a month the swelling remained in his brain and when I watched the decerebrate movements of his limbs I realized just how deep the injury was. He will never recover enough to be independent again. It has taken a toll on my son. I wish I knew God's plan and why this happened to such a smart, gentle young man but ours is not to know why. To be honest, I would rather God just take him home than let him be as he is. His intelligence was something he had much pride in and once told my son that if he lost that he would rather be dead. It is heartbreaking to say the least. So all I can do is pray that he doesn't suffer and that doesn't understand what shape he is in. Of course, praying for a miracle never hurts either.





© Copyright 2009 Wystful (UN: bookishfilly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wystful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/638176-New-job