*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/628885-Seven-Minute-Religion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#628885 added January 10, 2009 at 12:27pm
Restrictions: None
Seven Minute Religion
Jalál (Glory), 12 Sharaf (Honor), 165 BE – Saturday, January 10, 2009 about 9:02 AM Pacific Time

No one has enough time anymore for anything, including religion and spirituality. At least, that's what the religious page of the Las Vegas Review Journal implied this morning. An article reviewed religion on the go, ways for people to get a daily dose of spirituality in a few minutes. The article gave the names of several different books containing short meditations and Bible readings.

I, like everyone else, day a longer day. I still thinks the problem has more to do with setting priorities, making a time schedule and learning to say no. I'm not sure you have to cut down on meditation and scripture reading to get through the day. It is nice to know, however, that I can go to the book store and buy a book that has short meditations I can read at stop lights or while stuck in traffic on the express way.


No one has enough time anymore and complaining about how little time you have gives you even less time. I think the main problem is that everyone (including myself) is too impatient. We want more time in a day to do everything in rather then prioritizing the task, which means we don't get everything accomplished. We get stressed out because we don't have enough time and now we can get our religion and spirituality in five or seven minutes without taking time out of our busy schedule.

No wonder we're so stressed out. We don't want to stop and say our prayers rather we want to say our prayers on the run and hope that God hears us. We want to work 24/7 without taking a rest. There was a reason God rested on the seventh day, it wasn't because God need the rest. God rested so that we could have an example of how work should be accomplished.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/628885-Seven-Minute-Religion