*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/630651-Mom-and-I-attended-the-Feast-of-Sultan-last-night
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#630651 added January 19, 2009 at 9:39am
Restrictions: None
Mom and I attended the Feast of Sultan last night
Kamál (Perfection), 1 Sultán (Sovereignty), 165 BE – Monday, January 19, 2009 about 6:17 AM Pacific Time

Mom and I attended the Feast of Sultan (Sovereignty) last night. It was held in the home of one of the Las Vegas Baha'is. I had a bit of difficulty finding the place, I got directions off Mapquest so the directions were good. The problem was the house numbers weren't in sequence on that street. This happens sometimes in some of the older neighborhoods. However, the neighbors were friendly, explained the situation and told me where to find the house.

The readings were beautiful and the refreshments great. We had sandwiches and pickles. There was fruit and hummas. When I left, I left by a different street then the one I arrived on. The street I turned off onto from Charleston was Cashman Dr. It has a gate blocking it (the neighborhood isn't a gated community), it's just that Cashman Dr. is usually blocked by the gate. The next time I go to Feast there I will turn onto Campbell rather then going down to Cashman. I like Campbell better anyway because it has a stop light.

It's interesting Mom had a case of diarrhea on Sunday morning. I was afraid we wouldn't get to attend feast that night. However, Mom's diarrhea stopped about four or five hours before we had to leave for the Feast. This morning I figured out the food that caused it. Mom isn't suppose to eat any cereal with greater then 12% or 14% dietary fiber. The last couple of morning the cereal she ate had 20% dietary fiber.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/630651-Mom-and-I-attended-the-Feast-of-Sultan-last-night