*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/631501-Is-it-just-me
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#631501 added January 23, 2009 at 1:07pm
Restrictions: None
Is it just me?
About an hour ago, a secretary in the school office got on the intercom and called me to the office. I couldn't come to the office right then because I had a class. But instead of doing the intercom where we could have had that conversation, she just called me to the office and stopped. She could have also come to the library door - it's less than ten steps from where she was sitting. She knows I have class at that time - I'm not sure why she chose to call me without giving me the opportunity to respond. There was nothing I could do at that point but sit there and ignore the situation.

A minute or two later she did do the two-way thing on the intercom. She told me that the lead librarian was asking for me on the phone. I told her that I couldn't come to the office because I had a class. She said okay, then said that the lead librarian had told her that she had been trying to get me for two weeks.

Ooookkkaaaayyy.

Number one, last week when I was off, Mrs. Lead Librarian called over to my husband's school to check on me. He told her I had been sick, and gave her my cell phone number, which was fine. She hasn't called my cell phone.

Number two, if she HAS called up here to work, nobody from the office has called me to the phone.

Number three, she knows my e-mail address. Has she sent me an e-mail? Nope.

So, I really don't see how this is my fault that Madame Lead Librarian can't get in touch with me.

It's things like this that make me feel surrounded by stupidity. It's everywhere.

* * *

We're having the spelling bee today. In about thirty minutes, in fact. They asked me to be a judge. I like being the judge of the spelling bee better than I do being the pronouncer of the words. My southern twang gets in the way. The speech teacher is pronouncing the words, thank goodness.

We are having it outside. There are a set of benches for the children to sit on, and a little stage. We're having a warm day today. Tuesday it was 44 degrees, today it's almost seventy. Yep - that's winter in Mississippi.




© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/631501-Is-it-just-me