*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/632088-This-and-that
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#632088 added January 26, 2009 at 12:54pm
Restrictions: None
This and that
Just a quick update:

What I'm reading
Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man by Fannie Flagg, the same person who wrote Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe. If you haven't read these two, march yourself to the library forthwith and do so, immediately. Daisy Fay is hysterical - the book takes the form of her diary, starting when she was eleven. And you may THINK you are familiar with Fried Green Tomatoes just from seeing the movie - oh, no, my friend. The ending is way different, plus there are a lot of events in the book that they left out of the movie. And that's all I'm going to say.

The not-so-good thing about having Christmas Holidays . . .
. . . is that you get paid on the last working day of the month, which in this case is BEFORE Christmas. Then you go all the freakin' way to the end of January without a paycheck. Stink-o-rama.

What I think is pretty ignorant
The whole Caroline Kennedy thing. Personal reasons? What personal reason could have come up just in an instant? Why doesn't she just say that she and Mr. Head Guy couldn't come to an agreement on things instead of beating around the bush?

Kids
Emily won third place in the science fair at her school. She did one on How Music affects Dogs. Anna Claire will be having a birthday soon - she will be eight. Matt couldn't go to sleep last night, so he came and sat with me in the kitchen - I was eating a baked potato. He wanted a piece of bread-and-butter, so we sat together and ate. I enjoyed spending time with my little man when he wasn't being silly or goofy. Sometimes as the youngest, he feels the need to prove himself.

Shout out
Goes to the Wharton family - get well soon, Eric. What the heck did you eat while Debi was gone?

© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/632088-This-and-that