*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/632415
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fanfiction · #1521191
See history through different eyes. 2002 MOTU cartoon fanfiction.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#632415 added January 27, 2009 at 9:48pm
Restrictions: None
S1E2: For Freedom part 1
Season One, Episode Two: For Freedom 1



Deep in the heart of the Dark Hemisphere of Eternia lurked the ominous Snake Mountain. A hulking fortress that once housed the greatest evil of Eternia's past, now housed the greatest villains of its present. The people of Eternia felt safe as the Dark Hemisphere was cut off from their glittering world by a wall of power, known as the Mystic Wall. It had kept them safe for nearly fifteen years.

In the hallowed halls of Snake Mountain, Evil-Lynn angrily stalked. She had received a summons from the master of Snake Mountain, a man she now hated with a passion. Her boots clicked sharply against the stone floors as she moved from one hall to the next. Her black skirt, tattered from years of wear, fluttered around her shapely legs. All that was left of her old uniform was her breastplate and helmet.

Stopping in the anti-chamber before the throne room, she gathered her wits before entering. As she stood there, a musky smell assaulted her nostrils. Turning she saw a hulking hairy figure enter the anti-chamber. His fur was a tangled mess of red and he reeked from not washing for months. A two-headed slimy creature clung to his neck.

"Must you bring vermin in here," Evil-Lynn scoffed.

"It's not vermin," Beastman defended, "it's an electro-eel."

"I was talking to the electro-eel."

Before Beastman could snap back, a metallic whirring sound distracted them. They turned to see Trapjaw entering the anti-chamber. Trapjaw was the least trusted of all the henchmen. Having once tried to revolt against their master, he was closely watched for any more signs of treachery. Their Lord Skeletor had been merciful and had his face reconstructed, earning him his new name.

"Well, we're almost all here," Evil-Lynn said. As she spoke, a small metal machine zoomed into the room. Quickly followed by a muscular man holding a petite teenage girl. Tri-Klops kept one hand on Melantho's waist as they entered the room. Evil-Lynn frowned as she saw how close Tri-Klops was to the girl. That could explain his sudden disinterest in her.

For many years, Evil-Lynn had been the reigning queen of Snake Mountain. The only female among a group of men, she had enjoyed the attentions showered on her. As Melantho matured over the years, she noticed a few of her admirers ignoring her. Though the girl was just fifteen and her father would kill any henchman who dared to woo her, that didn't stop some of the males from thinking of the newer model and leaving the older witch alone.

Tri-Klops was the only human male of the group. Still young and virile, his body bulged with muscles from his almost compulsive exercises with the sword. His eyes were hidden by a visor that wrapped around his head with three lenses he could view the world through. It was Skeletor that created the visor, saving Tri-Klops' life along time ago. He owed his master everything and was the most loyal of all the minions.

Melantho had grown into a rather lovely lady. No where near the beauty that Evil-Lynn had once possessed, she was not without her own charm. It grated on the older witch's last nerve when she saw the girl. Melantho's black hair was always pulled back in a ponytail, showing off the delicate facial features that she inherited from her long dead mother. Her blue skin was several shades lighter then Skeletor's, a result of never seeing the sun. She should have looked like a street urchin in her patchworked clothes and ratted down furs, but she carried herself with too much confidence. Evil-Lynn itched to take that brat down a peg and reclaim her rightful place as the only woman in Snake Mountain.

"What does he want this time," Tri-Klops asked, his deep voice rumbling off the walls.

"I heard he came up with some new way to break the Mystic Wall," Trapjaw said.

Beastman huffed. "Like I haven't heard that one before," he muttered as he walked into the throne room. Everyone jumped when a bolt of power shot Beastman against the wall. Melantho snickered as she stepped over the hairy henchman.

"What was that, Beastman," came Skeletor's voice from atop his throne.

"N-nothing," Beastman stammered.

Melantho patted Tri-Klops' arm as she walked forward and climbed the stairs to the throne. For several years now, she became the only one allowed to approach Skeletor, let alone sit next to him. She knelt by the throne on the right side, Skeletor's large pet cat, Panthor, curled up on the left.

She watched as Whiplash and Clawfull dragged a strange stand to the middle of the room. She liked the two inhuman henchmen. Between the two of them, their IQ still stayed in the single digits. However, growing up, they always came up with the best games.

"Behold, my newest invention. This will help us finally break free from that accursed Mystic Wall," said Skeletor.

Impressed, Tri-Klops knelt by the machine. Being an inventor as well, he was greatly interested in any invention that Skeletor came up with. He lovingly ran his hands over the surface of the machine.

"How does it work," Tri-Klops asked.

Skeletor blasted him away. "Don't touch! It's only missing the final ingredient, the Corodite Crystal from the Sea of Rakash. Six years to find it, and now victory will be mine!"

His attention was diverted as a near-by pool of mud bubbled. Merman, the only one of the henchmen that could travel under the Mystic Wall, came up from the pool. In his webbed hands he held a large red crystal covered in septic mud.

"Six years to find the thing," Evil-Lynn sneered. "The least you could do was take five minutes to clean it."

Melantho silently agreed as Merman walked up to present the crystal to her father. Skeletor tapped Melantho's shoulder. When she looked up at him, he motioned for her to get the Crystal and bring it to him. Delighted, she stood and met Merman halfway down the stairs.

She took one look at the dripping Crystal and frowned. Merman tried to shove it into her arms, but she shook her head.

"Take it," Merman commanded.

"I will not present anything that filthy to my father. Clean it, Merman. Or else."

"Pushy little brat," Merman muttered as he walked back down. He gave the Crystal a quick cleaning on Beastman's fur before walking back up to Melantho. "Better, your Majesty?"

Melantho smiled as she took the Crystal. "Much better." She brought the Crystal to her father and knelt at his feet as she presented it to him.

"Thank you, Daughter," Skeletor said as he took the Crystal. He swept by her and walked to the machine. Without a word, he put the Crystal in the machine and watched as it hummed to life.

Skeletor signaled Whiplash and Clawfull to take the machine. He led the group out to the Mystic Wall, gleefully ready to assert his freedom.

Clawfull and Whiplash set the machine up under the watchful gazes of Melantho and Tri-Klops. At a safer distance behind them, the rest of the group watched. Melantho had to remind them several times to be careful.

"Hey, it's not working," Clawfull complained.

Tri-Klops sighed. "Try pushing the button."

Melantho giggled as the two dense henchmen found the on-and-off button. The machine buzzed to life and started to vibrate.

Whiplash said, "Uh, maybe we shouldn't stand here." They had no other warning before a strong ray shot from the machine. The sonic backlash sent the four of them high into the air. Tri-Klops managed to grab Melantho and cushioned her fall.

"Are you all right," Tri-Klops asked, looking at Melantho as she lay on top of him.

"I think so," she answered, slowly getting up.

"If you two are done flirting," Evil-Lynn sneered, "we have more pressing matters to attend."

Tri-Klops frowned as he helped Melantho up. He sent one of his little Doomseekers to search the Wall for any signs of stress or success. All it found was a small crack.

"That is where we will concentrate our attack," Skeletor informed them. Immediately, Tri-Klops, Clawfull, Whiplash and Trapjaw attacked the Wall. Melantho dusted herself off as she stood by her father's side and watched. She frowned when it was evident that they had not made so much as a scratch. Not even Beastman's beast could widen the crack.

"Stand aside boys," Evil-Lynn commanded. She raised her magical staff and said, "A change is at hand. Destruction is an absolute must, change this wall into dust!" She unleashed a powerful wave of magic, but it was no use. The crack wouldn't widen.

"Allow me," Melantho said. She did not need any magical paraphernalia to channel her powers. Like her father and her mother, she had power that flowed through her very veins. With a little concentration, she sent wave after wave of power at the crack.

"Oh, yes, that seemed to work well," Evil-Lynn scoffed as the dust cleared. Just as the others, Melantho did not succeed.

"It worked well enough," said Skeletor. He raised his Havoc head staff to the wall and blasted it into pieces. He laughed as the large debris fell from the sky, raining down on him and his henchmen. The very thing that had held them captive buried them.

After they dug their way out, the group of villains stood there and stared at the world beyond the wall. Green grass and luscious flowers, the sweet scent of fresh nature and sparkling water wafted in the air. Birds sang, a foreign sound to Melantho. She gazed at the green world that lay beyond the wall, and desired to be in it.

"Now, let's go conquer the world," Skeletor proclaimed.

Melantho smiled. "Are we finally going to revenge ourselves on the Council and that insect, Randor?"

Skeletor turned to his daughter. "We? We are not going to do anything. I am going to avenge myself against the Council of Elders and Randor. You will stay here."

"But, Father -" Melantho started, but was cut off as her father's hand shot out and struck her across the face. The force of it spun her body around before she crumpled on the hard ground. She looked up at her father, one hand over her stinging cheek and sore jaw. Tears filled her blue eyes, but never fell. She knew better then to cry in her father's presence.

"Never talk back to me, Melantho," Skeletor sneered. "Never!"

"Yes, Father," said Melantho. "I'm sorry, Father. Please, forgive me."

Skeletor turned his back on her. "I'll think about it. Now, get back to Snake Mountain and wait for us to return."

"Yes, Father."

Evil-Lynn laughed. "Yes, run back home Brat. This is no place for children."

Melantho hurried back to her home. Evil-Lynn's taunts had hurt her more then her father's blow. She knew her father loved her. He only hit her when she stepped out of line, and she knew it. But, Evil-Lynn didn't care about her. Not since Skeletor had officially named her his daughter. Any warmth that Evil-Lynn might have felt for the girl had died that day.

XXXXXX

A few hours later, Skeletor felt as if his temper had reached its boiling point. His well-laid plans had fallen a part. He had planned on defeating the Council of Elders first and taking their power for himself. However, the grand Hall that had once housed the greatest power of all of Eternia was no longer there. Instead, the area had been turned into a market!

Growling, he grabbed the nearest merchant and hulled the man off the ground. "Where is the Hall of Elders?"

"The Hall of Elders," the merchant stammered. "It's gone!"

"Gone?"

"Yes, gone. It's been gone for about fifteen years now. I thought everyone knew that."

Skeletor dropped the man. "And what of Captain Randor?"

The man looked shocked. "He's the king. Been king for nearly fifteen years, ever since the Mystical Wall went up."

Snarling, Skeletor motioned for his henchmen to follow him. "Well, if that's the case," he said, "let's go pay a visit to our dear friend, King Randor."

They traveled even farther into the Light Hemisphere. There they found the large, white stone palace. It was too big for just the royal family. It looked like its own city.

"Looks like he had a wonderful life," Evil-Lynn said.

"Yes," hissed Skeletor. "Too nice. I'm sure he'll be surprised to see me again." He pulled his hood even lower on his head, hiding the skull from view. No reason to spoil the surprise now.

It wasn't very hard to get into the palace. The guards were not alert and there seemed to be a party going on. Everyone was in a festive mood and no one expected the attack.

XXXXXX

King Randor stood, his glass held high as he addressed his loyal subjects. “Everyone, I'd like to propose a toast on this, my son's sixteenth birthday.” Looking around, he realized that his son, Adam, had left his own party.
“Never mind,” Randor huffed, sitting back down.
“Now, dear, I'm sure Adam has a good reason for disappearing,” Marlena said. She reached over and patted her husband's hand. “I noticed Duncan isn't around either.”
“It doesn't matter, Marlena. How can our son be so irresponsible!”
Marlena tried to smile. “He's young. You were young once.”
“No I wasn't. My father trained to be a fighter when I was young and I learned responsibility. Adam has it so easy, he has no enemies to fight, no wars to win.” Randor rested his head in his hands. “Maybe that's what's wrong, this peace.”
“Now, dear, you don't mean that.”
“Maybe I do,” Randor snapped. “Maybe I wish this peace would come to an end so Adam would grow up!”
Marlena merely shrugged. She did not know Duncan as well as Randor did, but she counted the man as one of her best friends. She was not from Eternia, but from a planet very far away called Earth. An astronaut, her mission had been to survey the possibility of colonizing the moon. However, a mysterious electrical storm happened in space, a phenomenon that should have been impossible. Her spacecraft was hurtled through a tunnel in the fabric of space until it landed on Eternia.
Randor, a captain of the great Defenders and already a hero, had saved her from the burning spacecraft. She fell instantly in love and they married not too long afterward. Her life could not have been happier, and her son was her pride and joy. She knew that Randor wanted Adam to be a great warrior like he, but she only wanted Adam to be happy.
At that moment, the doors burst open and seven figures walked in. Randor gasped as he recognized them, had thought them gone forever. The hulking figures of Beastman, Whiplash and Clawful surrounded Evil-Lyn, Tri-Klops and a man with a metal jaw. In the center was Randor's worst enemy, someone he had wished dead on many occasions. Wrapped in a flowing cloak and hidden by a hood was the unmistakable figure of -
“Keldor!”
“Hello Randor, miss me?”
“How did you get out!”
Keldor laughed. “That is my secret, Randor. Maybe I'll tell you before you die!”
As the knowledge of who was now standing in the palace dawned on the brightly dressed courtiers. They panicked and ran as the palace guards and the remaining Defenders moved to defend their king and queen. The villains eagerly attacked, years of aggression and a desire for vengeance boiling over.

Marlena moved behind her throne to stay out of the way of the whirling blades and bolts of magic. She knew the battlefield was not her ideal place. She was a scientist, not a warrior.

She yelped when Keldor landed by her throne. He was as she remembered him; tall and strong and foreboding. The cloak hid his facial features, but she just knew that he had that same cruel smile on his thin lips. She had crossed paths with him in the past, before he was banished to the Dark Hemisphere. He always scared her with his maniacal hatred of her husband.

"Well, well," Keldor purred. "Look at what we have here. The Lady from the stars, the treasure of Eternia."

"Go away, Keldor," Marlena said, her voice wavering slightly.

She couldn't see his face, but she knew that he was smiling. "Oh, no Star-Lady. I'm not leaving. You have something I want."

Marlena shrank back. Her husband was currently busy with Beastman and Evil-Lynn. All the Defenders were busy, and no one had noticed yet that Keldor had her cornered.

"What do you want," she asked. She prayed that he didn't answer with her life.

Keldor's eyes traveled down Marlena's body, stopping on an amulet that she wore. Randor had given it to her when he proposed. He said it had belonged to his father. The amulet was beautiful, gold inlaid with blood-red gems. When she first saw it, Marlena had thought that it was supposed to swing open like a locket, but Randor told her that it didn't.

She put her hand over the amulet, but he would have none of that. He grabbed her hand and twisted it away from her body. Before she could protest, he snatched the amulet off her neck.

"Have a lovely day, your Majesty," said Keldor with a mock salute. He turned and rejoined the battle, pocketing the amulet.

Marlena watched in horror as Keldor led her husband and friends away from the palace. The battle took to the skies and they were all soon out of sight. Marlena's heart dropped and she prayed that her husband returned to her in one piece. He was once the hero of Eternia, but nearly fifteen years of peace had softened him. He might not be the match for Keldor that he once was.

As Marlena helped care for the wounded, her son returned. She was relieved to see that he was all right. Behind him was Duncan, the Captain of the Royal Army, friend of the king and queen. She had no idea where they had gone, but she was glad that Adam had escaped the attack.

"Mom, what happened," Adam asked, running up to her. He looked so much like his father, with his blond hair that was already starting to darken to the same shade of brown as Randor. Blue eyes that betrayed his every emotion and a skinny body that still held the promise of being a warrior's.

"It was Keldor," Marlena stated. "He found a way out of the Mystical Wall. Your father and the other Defenders left to fight him."

Adam looked around the destruction that had once been his birthday party. He was now a man according to his people, and this was supposed to be a glorious day. Marlena could see the war going on in her son's mind. Should he stay and help restore his people, or should he follow his father and face uncertain doom?

"Adam!" Marlena called out as her son ran out of the palace. She looked over at Duncan and nodded, giving her friend permission to follow him.

"Please, keep him safe," she whispered as her only hope left the room. Should Keldor return, they were dead. And if he returned, she knew that it would because her husband and friends had perished.
© Copyright 2009 Amamelina (UN: amamelina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amamelina has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/632415