*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/632496-25-Random-Things-About-Me
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#632496 added January 28, 2009 at 8:45pm
Restrictions: None
25 Random Things About Me
I grew up in the Midwest, Indiana and Ohio, with summers in Michigan.

Having a dog gives me great joy and comfort, also some aggravation, today in the form of MUD.

I like sugar-free skinny Almond Joy lattes, but I’m too penny-pinching to buy more than one a month.

I’m an abysmally slow reader.

I moved to segregated Georgia when I was fifteen—culture shock!

I decided to go to journalism school and be an advertising major when I read a clever Hunts catsup ad.

I prefer Heinz.

I don’t have a generous nature, and that’s hard, but not impossible, to change.

Like in the John Denver song, “Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy.”

I have a whole drawer full of old New Yorker magazines I haven’t finished reading.

A blood clotting disorder forces me to wear a 40mb compression garment toes-to-armpits all the time.

I like to read, and to write, fiction with strongly developed characters and natural sounding dialog.

I love to listen to audiobooks as I drive, and then I prefer a good plot to good writing.
(Although today I'm regretting one by Carol Higgins Clark. Bad writing and a melodramatic reading voice that makes it even worse!)

I like to listen to music or sing along with it, but I don’t like to have it just playing in the background.

I seldom see the world in black and white, and am annoyed when those who do so
think I am misguided.

I can usually see both sides of any argument.

Except for grammar. I’m very critical about misplaced apostrophes.

I really like to sleep.

I am not attracted to people who "blow their own horn" all the time.

Water is wonderful. I love to sit and look at a lake or a river or an ocean. I like to swim in it. I like to drink it straight from the tap.

I am kinesthetically challenged.

I love to play games: word games, board games, card games, party games.

Writing about myself is embarrassingly easy and fun.

I like my life.

Now, if you haven't done a list like this, give it a try. It's fun! And if you did one a while ago, make another. There are plenty more interesting things to tell.

© Copyright 2009 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/632496-25-Random-Things-About-Me