*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/633069-Dork-Girl
Rated: GC · Book · Biographical · #1478547
"All books are either dreams or swords."
#633069 added January 31, 2009 at 7:16am
Restrictions: None
Dork Girl
I'm a superhero.

I bet you didn't know this about me. Don't feel bad, I only found out a month ago myself. It took a person close to me to let me know who I was and that I had super powers. He even gave me my superhero name. Dork Girl.

I know what you're thinking - Dork Girl? I had the same reaction. But I was told it is was a special name, one that fits me from head to toe. And as everyone knows any name with power comes with great responsibility. Its like being Superman without the massive inferiority complex or having Batman's dark, brooding moods all the time.

When I hear the name my chest puffs out with pride, I walk each step with purpose...and nearly trip over my own feet as a curl gets stuck in my eyes. I even have a cape. *holds cape up in the air with big goofy grin*

Armed with self-deprecating sarcasm, a tendency to bash my elbows into walls, and a knife too big for my size, I'm ready to take on the world one evil at a time.

I'm currently working on my theme song. A girl needs to make an entrance. One wrong opening number and you're the laughing stock of the superhero community. I'm also looking for an archenemy. Applications are currently being accepted should you think you fit the part.  Evil cackle, evil master plan for world domination, and evil minions are required.

Now, I'm off to fight crime and static cling! Dork Girl to the rescue.

© Copyright 2009 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/633069-Dork-Girl