*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/634626-Blink-and-Its-Gone
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#634626 added February 7, 2009 at 10:34pm
Restrictions: None
Blink and It's Gone
gennivre and Eric Wharton wrote at length about serious health problems, rethinking their futures, and reevaluating how they will live today.

I've always been healthy. Giving birth to Thomas is my only hospital stay, and I did so well after the cesarean section, they let me go after two days instead of three (the constant begging for release helped, I'm sure). I've suffered from many a cold, the flu, bronchitis and other typical illnesses, but never enough to cause concern.

I still can't complain of a single health problem except for gravity pulling down certain parts, the inability (and lack of willpower) to lose extra poundage, occasional forgetfulness, needing eyeglasses to read, and an arthritic knee due to an untreated torn ligament.

If (and likely when) a serious health issue looms over me, I will not react well. I take my health for granted, and expect to never face having to prepare for my eventual demise.

This entry contains no profound insights, no advice on how to rise above the darker challenges we all face -- nothing that won't sound patronizing anyway.

I can only pray and hope for God to show me how to live each day to it's fullest, and to enjoy -- no savor -- every moment.

The second we blink, it's gone.

© Copyright 2009 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/634626-Blink-and-Its-Gone