*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/634680-My-son-came-for-a-visit
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#634680 added February 8, 2009 at 2:47am
Restrictions: None
My son came for a visit.
I had a wonderful time visiting my with my kids and grandkids in Port Orchard. The weather was sunny and fairly warm for February.

I was able to see all of my kids and several of the grandkids too! My son Matt brought home four big pizza's for us the first night I was there. I couldn't get over how much the kids had grown since I saw them last in November. It just amazes me that they can actually grow that much in only a matter of months. My oldest grandchild Tyler turned eighteen on January 5 th. He is 5' 11'' now! I think he grew about a half an inch since I saw him last!

Patrick wanted to come home with me for a visit this time. he had never been to our home here in Concrete yet. So I went online and bought two Amtrack tickets for us for Thursday evening. We took the train from the Edmonds ferry up to Mount Vernon and there Ron picked us up. It was much easier for him to drive to Mount Vernon rather than all the way down to Edmonds.

We didn't get to see much countryside because it was so dark by then.

Pat stayed with us until Saturday morning, then he took the train back down. The Amtrack Station is across the parking lot from the ferry terminal, so that just worked out great!

Looks like I will be taking the train from now on.

All day Friday it was foggy here and we could not see the mountains. Then when we got up early Saturday morning, there was Sauk Mountain in all her glory. As we made the turn onto Concrete Sauk Valley Rd. he got to see beautiful Mt. Baker too.

That really made his visit even better for him.



My Bikers Sig gifted to me from Sultry Enchantress


© Copyright 2009 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/634680-My-son-came-for-a-visit