*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/634886-Old-Whatsits-Book-of-Whatever-Comes-to-My-Mind
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#634886 added February 9, 2009 at 12:46pm
Restrictions: None
Old Whatsit's Book of Whatever Comes to My Mind
What I'm Reading
Five For Sorrow, Ten For Joy by Rumer Godden
The Cat Who Wasn't There by Lilian Jackson Braun.
The Elusive Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman.

Just Got Through With
Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw - better than I expected.

New Nicknames for the Kids
See if you know where these came from.
Emily - Rumpelteazer
Anna Claire - Jennieanydots
Matt - Mungojerrie

Update
My grandmother is much better. I told you she was in fantastic health. She will probably outlive me. My mother was worried about catching the pneumonia from her, but so far she seems to be doing fine.

Latest Concotion
Last night we had the tail end of about 8 or 9 loaves of bread - not sure how we went through so many. By the time you make five people a sandwich, that's half the loaf, especially if daddy eats two. Anyway, I had bought a nice, new loaf and wanted to get rid of all those miscellaneous bread pieces lurking around. So I crumbled them up and mixed them with several eggs and the tail end of a jug of milk, along with some sugar and cinammon. I baked the whole thing for about 35 minutes. It gave me the big head because it turned out so good. I didn't measure any of it, I just threw it all together.

Feeling Virtuous Because . .
. . . I went to the Kroger grocery store and found Bunny Bread for $1.00. It's usually almost three dollars.

Feeling Puzzled Because . . .
. . . lately Matt has been being extra-hardheaded. My husband says he got it from me, and I say he got it from hubby, but the truth is he was double-dipped. Since Christmas, Matt has come out of his shell on the misbehavior, which is unusual. I'm used to general-little-boy-goofiness, but this is different. Is there something about little boys turning six years old that make them act this way? I haven't been able to figure out any outstanding event that would have triggered it, life has been on an even keel lately.

Last Night on TV
Usually I am not a TV person. I think everything on TV is dumb, most of the time. But last night, before hubby got home from church (the kids and I played hooky), I found Sense and Sensibilty. Actually it was Part Two. I was sorry I missed the first part, because it was a stunning show. I've never read it, but this rendition of it was fabulous. There was nobody famous in it, which was probably why I liked it.

And That Is
The end. Y'all have a great day!

© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/634886-Old-Whatsits-Book-of-Whatever-Comes-to-My-Mind