*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635241-Wednesday-February-11-2009
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#635241 added February 11, 2009 at 7:56pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009

         I'm so mad I can't see straight.  I left the office at noon, letting the receptionist know I am sick and depending on how I feel, I may or may not be back in tomorrow.

         After having been gone for a week, I came back to e-mails, the printing of which took a whole ream of paper.  I had two-and-a-half inches thick of mail to go through, and close to 50 calendaring items to accept and calendar on two "hard" calendars.  Not only that, but my desk is piled with memo assignments, and I still have a box of files to go through to determine what is privileged and what may be produced.  My filing for all the files I hold is over eight inches thick.

         After one of the lady's was fired last week, they moved a girl down from the real estate office, gave her an office downstairs and put not only her name on the front door but another lady's name on the door as well ---- calling them "legal assistants."  I guess I'm just a rug on which they can wipe their dirty shoes.  Before leaving I e-mailed my boss and posted a note on his door asking when I can pawn my work off on these three legal assistants and get back to doing secretarial work.  I also told him that I assumed the lady formerly in Real Estate would be going to trial with him now on our biggest file.  (Yet this morning he asked me to continue to do all the docketing on that case because he couldn't trust her to do it right.)  He continuously tells me there is no comparing my work to the other lady they just named "legal assistant," and when he came back from his last PI trial, he told me he would have much rather I had been there with him. 

         Today, the rubber meets the road.  I either receive equal status or I will be quitting at the end of the week.  They owe me over four weeks vacation time, sick time, and personal time as well as over $20K in my 401-k plan.  I've had enough.

© Copyright 2009 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635241-Wednesday-February-11-2009