*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635368-Writing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1508897
Blogging/Journaling/Complaining on an entirely inconsistent basis.
#635368 added September 16, 2010 at 9:40am
Restrictions: None
Writing
If you have read any of my various blogs or discussion topics on Wdc, you have probably discovered that I love to read about writing and the fact that I can't think of any topic or stories to write....subject or plot-wise.  I have always known that this was my "excuse" for not being more productive.

Well, here is my newest epiphany!  (I bet Diane is sorry she re-introduced this word to me this semester.)  It is a fact that the more you write, the more you write and the more you WANT to write. 

I am taking two classes this semester and the assignments have pushed me way out of my comfort zone.  Having deadlines has made me feel like I have a 6,000 pound ball hanging over my head just waiting to crush what little brain matter I have out onto the sidewalk.  I have had to think, think, think of ideas to be able to meet the deadlines and IT HAS DRIVEN ME CRAZY.  It has also made ideas come tumbling in from out of the blue.  It has pushed me to consider and do pieces I would never have done in a million years.  It has gratified me beyond my greatest hopes.

So, take a class.  I think there are many opportunities on this website for virtually free classes.  That has not made them Rinky Dink classes by any stretch of the imagine.  They are difficult, yet they make you grow whether you want to or not.  They truly are college level endeavors.

If not on this site, type "free writing classes" into Google or your favorite search engine and select your drug of choice.  You'll be glad you did.  I promise.

© Copyright 2010 Rixfarmgirl (UN: rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rixfarmgirl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635368-Writing