*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635393-Stimulus
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#635393 added February 12, 2009 at 10:34am
Restrictions: None
Stimulus
The economic environment has me internalizing a lot of my anxiety and I know that has some physical effects on my body. I'm not sleeping well and when I do sleep, I'm plagued by nightmares. I'm terrified that I am going to lose the house on the heels of paycuts and his sudden unemployment. I'm supposed we are no different than a lot of families out there but it does not help to ease the fear of what could happen. I've been through too much and worked too hard to lose it all now. It seems writing is one of the only things that bring me comfort these days and I've been doing more and more of it. I think that is a good by-product of a bad situation I guess. I'm trying to be supportive but can feel myself growing more and more irritable by day and the mental worries and physical effects of those worries take a toll. I can feel his own frustration and though I try to comfort him, I fear I am failing to be postive enough, hopeful enough. It is as if we are both watching our dreams slip away a little at a time. I continue to work, on whatever I can and continue to write because it brings me some peace. I remain thankful that I am at least still working when so many have already lost their jobs. I pray for the world to improve. I read the headlines each morning but can't bring myself to watch the news where the talking heads spout doom and gloom. I'm already having trouble finding untroubled sleep.

© Copyright 2009 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635393-Stimulus