*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635770
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1321774
Just some crazy things that really happen in this life of mine.
#635770 added February 14, 2009 at 2:44pm
Restrictions: None
feb 14 2009
I think this has been one of the most trying weeks of the year. At least for me.

Last weekend, my car got into an accident. Notice--my car. I was not driving. My daughter was not driving. In fact no-one in my family was driving. The son of a friend of mine borrowed the vehicle. Based on the police report and the accounts of the passengers there really wasn't much he could do to avoid the accident.

It could have been so much worse. No-one had to go to the hospital for anything serious.

But in the mean time...It took a matter of minutes for the insurance adjuster to declare the car ka-put. It took another 2 days for a "picture taker" to come down and take pictures of the ka-put car. A day later I get the news that someone will tow the car. Three days later a car tower comes. Do I have a check to get a new car? No...

This whole insurance thing reminds me of a guy I used to date. I think you know the type. The one who says he's up for anything and then when it comes time to perform it just kinda drags on and on and on--only to have nothing come out of it.

By the way, the worst boyfriend ever finally bought me chocolate. Two big bars of Hershey's dark chocolate. I made him take me for a walk around our local park. During the walk he's picking up really gross litter to throw in the trash (ummm apparently someone decided that sex in the park was okay, and it was fine to leave the proof laying around).
I really hate the fact that I enjoy talking with him, because if it weren't for his conversational skills I wouldn't have learned about all these quirks. I still am not dating him (I think).

Wes made a few entries into the office to say hi. In case you forgot or are new to my world, Wes is the old boyfriend that I ran away from. We agreed to start from scratch. Just friends. No trying to hook up again. What's really funny is that we seem to still be on the same wave length. There were times we finished each others sentences. I don't think anything is going to come out of it all. Isn't it strange how things from the past come back when you thought the past was done?

I think I'm going to call Wes the ex-Jesus-boyfriend. It's not because he's religious, or sanctimonious or anything like that (Although there were times I could have easily strangled him for not agreeing with my side of things). It's because when my Mom first met him, she said, "Oh Deb, he looks like the painting of Jesus grandma has over her t.v."

Speaking of my Mom. She called a few days back. She wanted me do a reading for her, over the phone. So I did. She got mad because it didn't say what she wanted it to say. Go figure. I think she wanted me to tell her the cards saw a tall dark handsome stranger was going to sweep her off her feet and that she was going to win the lottery.

Well that's all I've got for now.




© Copyright 2009 charmed01 (UN: dj1warner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
charmed01 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635770