*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635818
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1508897
Blogging/Journaling/Complaining on an entirely inconsistent basis.
#635818 added February 14, 2009 at 5:38pm
Restrictions: None
Valentines from Mother Earth
Today I decided to spend time in the yard it was so pretty outside.  I got my old 4-wheeler, George, started and rode around the yard--about 8 acres--to give George and the two dogs a chance to stretch their running legs.

Stopping to fix the deer feeder, I turned my face toward Mrs. Sun and let here place her sweet tingling kisses on my cheeks and forehead.  Mr. Wind played riffs in my hair.  WIld onion plants marked their locations with good long tendrils and new grass outcroppings from my gravel driveway, laughed at me.  "Bet you haven't gotten the Weed B Gone fired up this season," they dared me.

Checking on garden after garden and all the bushes and trees, I found the Valentine cards Mother Earth sent me.  Tulip leaves speared their way out of the earth, and the irises begged for me to remove their winter coat of leaves.  Forsythia buds danced up and down long dormant branches.  My magnolia tree who lost so many arms and her head in the ice storm was smilling at me.  What a trooper that tree is!  The peach, pear, cherry, and  apple trees had buds winking at me. 

Oh, yes, it was a wonderful day.
Thank you, Mother Earth! I love you.  *Heart*

© Copyright 2009 Rixfarmgirl (UN: rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rixfarmgirl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/635818