*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/636181-Whats-up
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#636181 added February 16, 2009 at 7:38pm
Restrictions: None
What's up
What's odd
We had three little girls at church, my daughter and two others, who turned eight last week. Bethany turned eight on Monday, Ellen turned eight Saturday, and Anna Claire turned eight yesterday. How weird is that?

What I'm reading
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Maybe, Maybe Not by Robert Fulghum
Still on The Cat who Wasn't There by Lilian Jackson Braun

Health
I've had a severe sore throat for about five days, but it is finally going away as of this morning.

Kids
Matt has a soccer game in about thirty minutes. He has his soccer uniform over some warm-ups.
Anna Claire reported that everybody was suitably impressed with her pierced ears at school today.
Emily lost a tooth Saturday. The tooth fairy forgot to come Sunday, unfortunately, but remembered by this morning.

Work
We had what's called a "learning walk," which consists of people from the administrative offices walking through the school, sitting in classrooms, and generally poking their noses everywhere. Then they report to the principal what they think. I am SO thrilled that they did not come into my area, but my first class wasn't until 10:00, and they were about ready to wind it up at that point. The verdict? The principal wouldn't come out and say so, but evidently it was not great. I'm not sure what specifically they said was wrong. I know one thing that they said was that the teacher's assistants weren't doing any work. I'm not sure which teacher's assistants they were looking at, because those women work their tails off. You can't just look into a classroom and expect to get any kind of idea what's going on. You have to be in there day in and day out.

I'd like to see any of them deal with our jobs for one week.



© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/636181-Whats-up