*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/636477-The-truth-as-told-to-my-assistant-principal
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#636477 added February 18, 2009 at 8:41am
Restrictions: None
The truth as told to my assistant principal
I am having one of those days. They seem to come more and more frequently.

What kind of day is that? Well, I called my assistant principal and said that I was taking an I'm-sick-of-work day. I said that I know you aren't supposed to say that, but that's exactly what it is. She's the type person you can say stuff like that to. She said, "Well, the truth is the truth, and believe me, I understand." It made me feel good that she validated me on that point.

So, then I had to go tell my husband that I was taking a day off. He thinks I take too many days off in relation to how many I have available. He is probably right. Anyway, I went in there and told him what I told the assistant principal. I said that he could get mad if he wanted to, but that wasn't going to help my stress level, which is what this is all about. He actually managed not to get mad, or if he did, he held it in just for this morning. I'm sure I'll hear about this in some future argument, though. Nothing is ever over in our relationship, it always comes back to haunt me. Oh well, it has developed my "I don't give a damn" skills to a fine point.

Every Sunday at church, they go ahead and give my husband his check for that week. Monday was President's day, so he cashed his check yesterday. We're big believers in operating with cash - I think a checking account is nothing more than a necessary evil. So, there we were with cash-in-hand. We filled both of our cars up with gas (both of us were almost to the fumes point). stocked up on groceries, and have a little left over for the weekend. Now I feel set, at least for this week. Just having a full tank of gas gives me a lift. Groceries have gotten so expensive I go through the store adding everything up on the calculator on my cell phone.

I have a few chores to do today, mostly washing clothes, but for the most part, I just intend to rest. I am almost at my breaking point, and nobody around me is interested.

Okay, whine over. For now.

© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/636477-The-truth-as-told-to-my-assistant-principal