*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/636926-Chapter-Two
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1531042
A girl with a hidden past, and the boy who's trying to keep it that way.
#636926 added February 20, 2009 at 8:15pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Two
“Auurgh!” Klaus yelled. He tripped and fell onto the ground, falling into the dust behind Aydri. She skidded to a halt.
“Klaus!” Aydri ran to his side. He was clutching his arm, and blood was oozing through his fingers. He just moaned.
Now those thieves were going to pay.
Aydri pulled the trigger on the blaster, and the shot made her fly backwards. Time seemed to stop. Her body started acting without her mind. She felt like she had done this before. Soon Aydri was shooting like an expert, the bodies of the pirates started to pile up around her. Aydri shot one last time, and the last enemy fell to his knees. Then, suddenly, her mind snapped back into reality. What did I just do? She thought. Her hands and body started to tremble like an earthquake.
Klaus limped over to where she stood, still clasping his arm. “Are you okay?” He asked shakily. Aydri dropped the guns and started bawling, covering her face in her hands. “Come on Aydri. Please? You’re fine. All right? Everything’s fine.” He stared down at his converse, and waited until she stopped crying. He put an arm around her shoulder, and put the guns back in his pockets.
“I’m never going to touch a gun again.” Aydri mumbled. Secretly, she found a calming presence in killing the men, although she wondered why.
“I won’t expect you to.”
There was an awkward silence as they surveyed the scene. There was a lot more blood than Aydri’s stomach could handle.
“We should leave before someone finds the bodies.” She whispered, changing the subject, “We could be in big trouble.”
“That would be best.”
“Wait,” she paused, “What about everyone else?”
“Nobody else can know about this now, we have to trust each other enough to keep this a secret,” He whispered. Klaus’s platinum-blonde hair whipped around his model-like face, giving his eyes a crazed look.
“Klaus, your cut-”
“It’s okay.” He said, cutting her off, not wanting to give her more worries. They both hesitated, not daring to ask the horrible question.
“How are we going to leave?” Aydri asked breathlessly. Klaus stared at the grey sky.
“My dad’s ship. I can fly it, but we need another crewmember in case there’s a need for a mechanic.”
“Or someone dies.” Aydri muttered.
“What did you say?” Klaus questioned menacingly.
“Nothing. Nothing at all.”
“Well, stop talking to yourself and let’s get to the bank, we’re going to need a lot of funds for this trip if we’re going to be successful.”

***

“I’d like to withdraw all my funds please,” Klaus said in an angelic yet demanding voice. The elderly financer, dressed in unflattering grey pinstripes, clacked on her equally ancient keyboard. She lowered her head to make eye contact with him over her cat’s eye glasses. “I’m Vault 747, and she,” he motioned to me, “Is vault 832.”
“Klaus and Aydri,” She said, in a voice sounding like it was coming and going with the wind, “My, you’ve grown.” She smiled, and turned to the racks behind her, looking for the vault keys. “Goodness, Aydri, you’ve grown into such a charming young woman, I’m surprised that the men aren’t falling all over you. I always knew that you’d be beautiful, it runs in your family.” Aydri turned a bright red, as did Klaus, who turned away from Aydri and launched into a coughing fit to hide his embarrassment. “Klaus, you look just like your father, all tall and handsome. You need a girl like Aydri, someone to support you. ” She winked at Aydri, and slid the keys across the desk. Aydri and Klaus grabbed them, careful not to touch each other’s hands.
“T-Thank you, um, Ma’am.” Klaus said, ducking his head and swiftly walking away from the desk. Aydri started to follow, but was stopped by the woman again.
“Oh, Aydri, dear, I’ve forgotten to introduce myself. I am Miz Rose. I know a lot about you and Klaus. I’m a family friend of the Gabriels.”
“Pleased to meet you, Miz Rose.” Aydri smiled nervously.
“Well, there was something I think you ought to know,” She said, eyeing Klaus as he filled up his pack with money, “That boy is nothing but sweet. He’s told me about you a lot, Hun, and nothing I’ve heard was negative. Mmhmm. That boy loves you like you will never know.” She chirruped, “If he got the chance, I think he’d have you in a heartbeat.”
Aydri gulped, and grabbed a lock of her naturally wavy black hair. She had been told she was pretty by only a handful of boys, but many more didn’t have the guts to admit it. She was average height, naturally thin with toned muscles despite the fact she rarely worked out, and had turquoise eyes that were the envy of many. She snuck a glance at Klaus, who smiled at her and turned back to lock the vault again.
“B-but… Klaus? You’re not serious. He and I are just…friends.”
“Maybe for now, but I’ve been known for my predictions,” She winked.
“Aydri, I’ve got our funds.” He slid both of their keys over to Miz Rose’s wrinkled hand, “I got yours for you, don’t worry.”
“You didn’t have to—”she started.
“It’s okay, I did anyway.” He grinned. “I’ll wait for you outside; it looks like you needed to wrap up here.”
“We’re fine, dear.” Miz Rose explained, “Just telling her some gossip.”
“Okay then, thank you so much, Ma’am.” He said. He nervously put his hand behind his head. Aydri walked out the revolving door, and Miz Rose cleared her throat, getting Klaus’s attention before he could leave. He turned to Miz Rose, “What?” he asked.
“Get a girlfriend.” She said. Suddenly her phone rang, and she picked it up.
“But-Aydri?” He questioned. Miz Rose shushed him and waved him off. He turned and exited, wondering if gossip was what they were really talking about.

© Copyright 2009 Violete Eve (UN: violete_eve at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Violete Eve has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/636926-Chapter-Two