*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637014
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1508897
Blogging/Journaling/Complaining on an entirely inconsistent basis.
#637014 added September 9, 2009 at 12:02pm
Restrictions: None
A Story in Two Parts--Part II
Yesterday, a 12-year-old boy in the elementary school took his brother's knife to school.  This young man has Down's Syndrome and probably has a mental age of half his living age.  This young man is one of the sweetest children you could ever meet.  He would not hurt a flea.

He took the knife out at school to clean his fingernails just like he had seen his brother, daddy, and granddaddy do many times, I would imagine.  This child had no clue that he was doing anything wrong.

His punishment was six days of Out of School Suspension.  The same superintendent that handled the case in Part I was the oversear of this case.  I believe the young man's name will also be turned into the Probabion Officer.  Wonder how long he will be on probation?  Wonder if he even knows what that is?

His parents have made sure that he understands that taking a knife to school is unacceptable.  I am sure it will not happen again.  I just hope the poor little guy has no clue about what suspension or probabiton means or that it is even going on.

I suppose the education of those wanting to become Superintendants does not have a required course in common sense or equality.

© Copyright 2009 Rixfarmgirl (UN: rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rixfarmgirl has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637014