*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637201-And-more-snow
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#637201 added February 22, 2009 at 7:57pm
Restrictions: None
And more snow...
Headed North Thursday nite. The drive was rather swift, and that is a huge surprise. Nothing like making good time of a normally four hour drive. Friday arrived and so did the parents. Hubby and I went into town to pick up a few last minute things we needed, and always seem to drop a bundle at the grocery store. Why is it that prices are doubled? Because they know they can take advantage of us? It's not like we have anywhere else to go. This is why we try so hard to take as much food with us as possible.

So Friday we mostly hang out, and played Family Feud. The six of us partnered up, and yes, hubby and I, and the boys got our booties beat by the parents/grandparents. So figures. Ah, well, there are always rematches to be had. *Wink* We settled in and braced for the snowstorm. The snow mobiles were ready to go for Saturday as well. It's funny how the weather man said we'd get more snow back at home than we would up north. Until later Friday night that is. The reports seemed to constantly be changing. We wake up Saturday morning, have Belguim Waffles for breakfast, and wait for the snow to arrive, which does at the rate of 1 - 2"'s an hour. We head out anyway on the snowmobiles, off to the lake where we can really open them up. BIG MISTAKE! Visibility - practically ZERO. The boys take off, after being told to stay near the shore so they don't end up lost in the middle of the lake. Well, do they listen? Not my boys, the dare devils. We watch as they take off, turn around, and disappear. And we wait. They snow is coming down so hard, so fast, that you can not look to the west, where the boys would be coming back from. Finally, we see a light from a snowmobile headed in our direction, wave him down. I swear I thought it was Z, but nope, it's not. After talking to the cop, we see the boys headed in our direction. To our shock, they stop, turn around and head off in the opposite direction. They are not sure where they are, and can not see us.

The cop takes off after them, and brings them back. We decide that the condtions are just too bad to be out on the lake, since you can't see two feet in front of you. I get on the snowmobile, drive a bit, but the visor on the helmet fogs up so fast it's impossible to see. I follow my dad back to the house with the snowmobile. I am a bit surprised that I enjoy riding them. But then again, I love to speed. Doesn't matter what type of transportation it is. If I am in control, I find it difficult at best to stay within the speed limit. So being in control of the snowmobile is a bonus for sure.

We went out to dinner at the Lodge Saturday night. That was fun, had our picture taken in front of the fireplace. The snow never let up once it started on Saturday. I expected driving conditions today to be a nightmare, but I will give props to the hard working men and women in the U.P. who cleared the roads down to the pavement. Nice job. Way better than Wayne County does. We even made good time coming home. Surprise, surprise.

But, the parents called. And they had a flat, having to use the 'donut' crap tire to get home. And they are still not home. Taking the back roads, that are snow covered and icy just to make it home. I swear people. Whoever's bright idea it was to replace a full sized tire with that tiny piece of shite needs to be shot. It is the worst thing to happen to the auto industry in decades. Seriously! People, take note. If you have one of these tires, I swear it will be worth your while to purchase a rim and decent tire for your vehicle. You'll thank me for it later. Or, buy a BMW (standard equipment)*Laugh*

That is it. T is off to relax and make sure all my little characters are in order for MarNaWriMo. Woots. Let's hear it for writing 1,613 words everyday for thrity-one days.

© Copyright 2009 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637201-And-more-snow