*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637366-All-or-Nothing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#637366 added February 23, 2009 at 7:19pm
Restrictions: None
All or Nothing
Why is it when there's nothing going on we crave activity and then it all starts happening and all we want is a little peace and quiet? Are we all perverse or am I an expert in it?

After being virtually housebound due to adverse weather conditions I was crawling the walls wanting to get out and about. Last week was a damp squib. Pam had to babysit her grandkids as it was half term from school and my day out with Joy was cancelled when one of her grandchildren was rushed into intensive care. Nothing for it but to whistle tunelessly, twiddle my thumbs and find excuses not to do housework/go to the gym/declutter my cupboards/ say hello to the Wii/ murder hubby.

The weekend arrives and I find myself at a 60th burpday party of one of my schoolfriends. It was fun but hard to take on board we little ravers from the sixties are now becoming pensioners. There's going to be a heck of a lot of 60th celebrations in the next year or so, my own hopefully included. But I'll think about that nearer the time, God willing.

Then it was a day with son and family on Sunday (all still sleepy), supermarket shopping today and foot tickling tomorrow morning. In the afternoon I have to spend my fifth appointment with my stubborn father and the hearing aid company attempting to convince him he really is deaf and would benefit from the individually designed aid they have created for him. I have the distinct feeling he will win, they'll go away cursing and I'll continue to wear away my vocal chords yelling at him.

Big Pam is back in action for a shopping day on Wednesday and then I have to phone my sister in the evening. Thursday I have a hair appointment in Nottingham and Friday I'm going to Newark to see Jane (ex Crackedbizkit) to deliver her burpday gifts.

In the meantime I'm trying to sell my Beatles Memorabilia to raise funds for our U.S. trip, make chocolate skittles and bowling balls for Jane, find gifts for Pam's 60th Jade and Gold day in April. silver wedding gifts for my best friend from school and sort out flights to various U.S. places.

No one ever told me retirement involved meeting yourself coming backwards or disappearing up your own backside. But then no one ever said life was easy either but I wish it was.


© Copyright 2009 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637366-All-or-Nothing