*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637604-Irishs-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#637604 added February 25, 2009 at 11:56am
Restrictions: None
Irish's Day
Sigh. Today my grandfather would have been 93. And I honestly expected him to be around for this birthday. Three years ago, when his memory was really getting bad, he believed he was 93 and the year was 2009. When he constantly repeated this over the course of a few months, I got the notion that he had a premonition of his death, or that he somehow knew that he would live that long. So I banked on it, counted on it, and never expected him to go 5 months before today. Not nice to have the rug thrust out from beneath your feet.

I have focused on this day for a week. Tried to pretend it wasn't coming, tried to come up with ways to busy myself, but nothing worked. And it's here. I hoped to have a poem, or some great memories to write about, but just thinking about him blurs my vision, so that's not going to happen. What I will do, is think about him a lot, go the grave on Sunday, and stay green in the blog until St. Patick's Day. Maybe in a few days I will have something witty to say, or an old picture to post. But not today.

Happy Birthday Irish. Wish You Were Here.

Irish One Liner

A friend is...

A friend is someone you can call to help you move. A best friend is someone you can call to help you move a body.

© Copyright 2009 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637604-Irishs-Day