*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637904-Is-the-threat-real
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#637904 added February 27, 2009 at 2:34am
Restrictions: None
Is the threat real?
Crisis of confidence tonight, Studyees. And the threat looms large.

Enough of the BS cliches and metaphors and whatnot. Your boy here is a target. Seriously.

And I don't mean that in a playing way. This is fucking serious...and what scares me is that it really hasn't hit me yet.

I, out of respect for those involved, will spare details. But a certain spawn with behavioral health problems of a certain girlfriend had his usual monthly counselling appointments, and said spawn flipped his shit before his last meeting and caused damage to his school.

Then he threatened detailed harm (including premeditated death) towards his mother and her boyfriend.

He has since been removed from his loving mother's care. A parent can only do so much. School can only do so much. The gov't will only do so much. The mom can only do so much while providing the best she can. The boyfriend bleeds for him and his younger brother, but between tolerance and the love of a brother, hearts break. Hearts break.

I can only say so much. To them.

As much as I loathe them at times, I tend to miss the kids when they're not around. I lost my patience a long time ago, but I found my compassion and place in this.

As much as I'd like to think help is on the way, it's not. The "outdoorsman-I-don't-give-a-shit" father now gets to deal with the demon of his seed. He shouldn't and doesn't get to turn a black eye on this; maybe his son will make him see what we've lived. And the school, after today, is almost done with him.

While it's refreshing to know I won't have a hunting knife turned on me, I must be cautious. I don't know what can happen.

© Copyright 2009 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637904-Is-the-threat-real