*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/638522-Monday-March-2-2009
Rated: 13+ · Book · Environment · #1392154
A modest journal.
#638522 added March 3, 2009 at 7:23am
Restrictions: None
Monday, March 2, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009

         Behold the ides of March has been on my mind today.  It's a Roman thing...  something that rings in my ear every year when March rolls around.  I hope the following link comes through okay:

         http://www.ilovepoetry.com/viewpoem.asp?id=80251  You might be able to control+click or maybe double click to get there.  If not try copying and pasting it into your browser.  If all else fails, do a search for "behold the ides of March," and the link to this poem may just pop-up and be among your many choices to review. 

         Another helpful site regarding this phrase and its meaning:  http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/03/0311_040311_idesmarch.html ...   If that doesn't work, look at www.news.nationalgeographic.com.  The following article: 

                             Ides of March Marked Murder of Julius Caesar
                             Jennifer Vernon for National Geographic News
                             March 12, 2004

         My son-in-law's birthday is on the 6th and my dad's birthday is on the 7th.  Other than that, I have some nieces and nephews born in March. 

         When I was a kid, it seems we always had a bulletin board in every classroom throughout elementary school.  In March, the theme was always:

                             March winds,
                             April showers,
                             bring forth
                             May flowers.

         And that's about the truth when you grow up in the Midwest.  In March we were flying kites at the top of the very hill we sled down only weeks ago in winter's snow.  While raising my daughter, we used to go to Smith Park in Middletown, Ohio where everyone was out flying kites.  The higher the better as we watched them soar in all their glorious shapes, sizes, colors.  And you always had to have a tail --- usually torn sheets tied together --- too many and the kite wouldn't fly...  Your tail had to be just the right weight and length.  Sometimes with the help of dad, we made our own kites out of pieces of wood and old white sheets we decorated ourselves.  How awesome was that?

         Find a kite --- just the right one, perfect for whomever you wish --- whether yourself, your partner, your children; and Let's go fly a kite, up to the highest height.

         Spring time is a delightful season, probably because it follows the barrenness of winter and not only do we --- but the plants, animals and even bugs and spiders --- spring back to life! 

         Enjoy your week!  If you need a shoulder to lean on, look around; you'll find one.  If someone needs to lean on you, be honored.  May God bless your week and give you the strength to endure every trial that comes your way.  Keep smiling, and if anyone asks how you are, I hope you'll say "I'm grateful, I'm blessed, or I'm thankful" because life is still good!  =)

© Copyright 2009 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/638522-Monday-March-2-2009