*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/640428-Zailen-and-Tzadi---17
Rated: E · Book · Teen · #1528430
5 kids live in a world where everything is planned for them they have powers not completed
#640428 added March 14, 2009 at 6:20pm
Restrictions: None
Zailen and Tzadi - 17
Authors Note: In this chapter there are alot of Italicized Parts where Zailen and Tzadi communicate with each other through thoughts, but writing . com wouldn't show them for me so everything with (' ') around it are supposed to be Italicized





---








’Get up Zae. Get up! Its time for school!’ Zailen groaned and rolled over as his twin sister’s voice intruded the serenity of his dreams. He threw the covers off and climbed out of bed running a hand through his messy hair. “Get up? Get up?” He said and rolled his eyes. “Why do we always have to get up?”





‘Because we have to go to school…’ Tzadi thought and it echoed into Zailen's head. They had been able to do this, communicate with out speaking that is, since they were young. They could also read other peoples thoughts at times. They see things for how they are and could tell when people were lying. That is how the lying world the lived in was exposed.





Everything that they did was planned. Who they met was planned; who they would meet was planned. Even what grades they got and where they went was planned. They weren’t supposed to know, they weren’t supposed to know about their powers or the fact that they had gotten kidnapped and stuck into this world. But they did. They knew everything.





“Back to fake school.” Zailen muttered and slipped a shirt over his head before crossing the hall to Tzadi’s room where he flopped down on her bed.





‘It’s not all that bad. I mean if you get past all the lying and the fact that they are all trying to hide the fact that we are only here because they think that sometime in our future we will develop these amazing powers and possibly be used and the best weapon ever invented.’ Tzadi thought and both kids started to laugh and Zailen went back to his room to get ready.





That was how it was with them. Zailen resented the lying while Tzadi always found the best in things. ‘At least we aren’t living in a box on the street,’ was one thing that Tzadi would bring up when Zailen started to complain. She could always cheer him up and often she was the only one that could. They were opposites in the way that they used their powers too. Tzadi would talk to Zailen all the time through thoughts, while Zailen only used their power when there was the possibility that they would be over heard.





They got ready and left with out waking their parents, because both agreed that they hated the fake hugs and goodbyes. School was different though. They couldn’t escape the people that had been planned to be their friends. Their friends could be as bad as stalkers at times. So at school Zailen and Tzadi had to be as bad as the people that they hated. They had to lie and pretend to not know that these people didn’t really care.





‘One more year and then we can find a way to avoid this whole world…’ thought Zailen and Tzadi nodded then added ‘At least we aren’t living in a box on the street.’ And Zailen couldn’t help but laugh as they entered the school doors.





They were immeadiatly bombarded by their ‘friends.’ Obviously word that they were on their way to school had gotten out somehow. Zailen sighed and nodded at Tzadi then left her to go to the computer lab and take some tests he had missed when he missed school the other day. ‘I hate this.’ Zailen thought, just before he was over come with the emptiness that always came when he wasn’t around his sister even though it wasn’t Zailen’s emotion.





Recently he had been able to feel some other kids emotions, strong enough as if they were his own, and Tzadi probably would have been able to hear the kids thoughts, if the kid was ever thinking anything but he never did so that was all they had to go on. Emptiness.





Zailen picked up a pen and started chewing on it as he sat at a computer. He turned around to glare at the camera that sat behind him, wishing he could access the internet with out being watched so he could research something about the place where he and Tzadi were trapped in.





The day went by slowly as always, with Zailen and Tzadi laughing at inside jokes and not even paying attention to the teachers, only acting like they were.


When they got home, Zailen disappeared into the attic, and Tzadi soon followed. ‘What are you doing up here?’ She asked as Zailen pulled out the trunk they had hidded up there as kids.





“Looking at old pictures.” He said not using their power because their parents were at work that there was no reason that they might be over heard. He picked up the oldest picture they had, it was one Zailen had had in his pocket the night they were whisked up from their house. “When do you think they will let us out of this?”





Tzadi sighed and sat by his sighed laying her head on his shoulder. ‘“I don’t know.”’ She said out loud and in Zailen’s head at the same time. Suddenly she gasped and pulled away. ‘“I hear him!”’ She said and rested her head on one of her hands. “’He’s so lonely. But he’s not from here. He is still trapped like us though”’ She sighed and sat up. ‘“Gone.”’ She said.





Zailen jerked back shocked. “As in dead?”





Tzadi chuckled half-heartedly. ‘No just as in I can’t hear him anymore.’ She seem disappointed so Zailen put the pictures back into the trunk and pushed it back into the deep dark corner where it was hidden. “I think we have some coffee ice cream downstairs, want some?” Both of them had always loved coffee ice cream, the cold from the ice cream and the smell of the coffee had always been a perfect combination to help them clear their heads so they always had some handy.





Tzadi smiled at him. ‘You read my mind. Zailen let out a laugh and Tzadi added. Who ever gets there last has to scoop it.’ And both teenagers flew down the stairs. Zailen fell behind, when Tzadi took a short cut, and he had to scoop the ice cream.





‘Who do you think that kid is?’ Tzadi thought as they sat at the table and ate their ice cream.





Zailen shrugged. ‘You said he wasn’t from around here right?’ He was being careful now because at one point Tzadi had read their parents minds and found out that all of the house but the attic had been bugged. Again just more proof of the fake lives they led.





Yeah. Tzadi said. ‘I had never heard his voice before and I think I have heard every voice from around here at one point or another. Do you think he is like us and living in a false world?’





‘There are a lot of people in our world. How do you know that you have heard everyone’s voice? What if they added a new character or something?’ Zailen said trying not to let his hopes get the best of him.





Having other kids being in fake worlds was the best hope that anyone could give them. That would mean that there had to be some way to get from one world to another and therefore give them a way to get out of all of it. But they had been fooled into exploring this idea before and the voice Tzadi had heard had just been a kid that had just been hired.





‘No because I listen to everyones thoughts before they sleep. The whole town all together. Its kinda crazy but eventually I can pick out every ones separate thoughts. And I haven’t heard his voice before.’





‘Well what did he say?’





‘He said, well thought, “I can’t do this any more. There is no one, no where. I can’t talk to any one. All these empty buildings.” And then I lost him. But that goes along with the lonliness you have been feeling.’





Zailen nodded not doubting his sister. He hated feeling her emotions when she thought he was doubting her, so he never doubted her unless he knew better.





‘So what do we do? Even if he is another one of us, there’s not much we can do.'





'I say we wait.' Zailen said and closed his eyes as took the last bite of his ice cream 'Get more information, then act.'


© Copyright 2009 Ben N' Riley (UN: black_wings14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ben N' Riley has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/640428-Zailen-and-Tzadi---17