*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/641443
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#641443 added March 21, 2009 at 2:00am
Restrictions: None
Proponents of the Christian Republic of America are scared.
I responded to a blog entry "Invalid Entry by KimChi :

The proponents of the Christian Republic of America (you know them ... "we stole this land, dammit, it's ours") are scared. Truly! They may lose the culture wars if the younger misguided generation includes sexuality as a Human Right. *Shock*

The CRA's religious/military complexes are centered in two key locations: Springfield, Missouri (army) and Colorado Springs, Colorado (air force). They have close relations with the Papal States of Rhode Island and Delmarva and their naval bases. Also ... good relations (albeit clandestine) with the Kingdom of Deseret in Provo, Utah which can bankroll them. They are revered in the Republic of Texas.

En serio, this is all overstated, but reading the Ensign (LDS) or Evangel (Assembly of God) it isn't hard to understand how truthfully fearful some Christian groups are that their hegemony over America is no longer vote-proof.

The CRA does not promote critical thinking or seeking truth; therefore, they are somewhat resistant to any rational or logical or intelligent conversation regarding the basis of their belief system. In some ways they are very dangerous. *Worry*

Added notes: hmmmm ... perhaps I've overstated this, but there are still people choosing to be offended by breast-feeding in public, banning books, denying gay and lesbian citizens basic rights.

Many good Christians live by very strict rules of conduct ... and that is fine; but, imposing specific Christian beliefs on members of other faiths is unconstitutional and immoral.

In a world where the CRA exists/rules, they would have to accommodate other religious groups by giving them their own lands to live on or courts for resolving disputes. Inter-religious arguments involving Christians would be settled in Christian courts. Orthodoxy would rule the land and everyone would follow the Honor Code (like students must at BYU).

This is not far from how life goes on in parts of Saudi Arabia, Israel or Singapore. It is very comforting to not have choices, very disturbing to have too many. The members of the CRA are sincerely frightened. And their fear is truly dangerous. Bush was merely a figurehead and not totally the right man to promote their agenda (not a good enough Christian ideologue) but leaders like Obama scare them because he speaks of detente, of acceptance, of moving forward in a multi-cultural world. The CRA does not believe in that world.
20

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/641443