*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/642004-You-can-quit-wondering-if-I-croaked
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#642004 added March 24, 2009 at 9:01am
Restrictions: None
You can quit wondering if I croaked
Report on Spring Break
I just wanted to let y'all know that I hadn't croaked - I just had a really busy Spring Break.

We went to see my father-in-law, three hours away. That took one whole day. We didn't spend the night. Paw-in-law didn't have room for us, and we were too stingy to pay to spend the night anywhere. That wide-spot-in-the-road town he lives in doesn't have a hotel anyway. He did take us to a good place to eat, called Jake's Restaurant, in Chatom, Alabama. Just to look at this place, it wasn't much, but the food was delicious.

Also, some of our church members had pulled their RV up to a campsite at Roosevelt State Park, about thirty minutes from us, and we spent the day with them. Hubby and the kids fished, and I read. Matt caught a fish! He was so proud of himself. When his teacher asked what they did on Spring Break, catching the fish was what he reported. Then that night, their nephew, who had another campsite not far off, had a fish fry with fish he had caught himself. Yum yum! And no, we didn't eat the fish Matt caught. After supper we had music - one man had his guitar, and they had asked hubby to bring his fiddle. Sitting around the campfire listening was nice.

We had a bunch of errands to run that we had saved up for our week off - getting insurance business taken care of and stuff like that - and we spent a couple of days doing that.

So much for the rest I had looked forward too, but still, it was nice.

Let me ask you a question . . .
Do you think the State of Pennsylvania will ever be the same after that crew gathers up? I thought about calling the Governor's Office and warning him about it. They will never be the same after this week.

What would you do in this situation?
My assistant told me of something that had happened to her, which I thought was hilarious. At the same time, I was glad didn't happen to me.

She and a friend of hers went to the "adult novelty" store, as she called it. When she walked in, there was her college-age daughter.

I said that she couldn't say anything to her daughter, since she was in there herself. She just grinned and agreed with me. I could only laugh and be glad it didn't happen to me!

© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/642004-You-can-quit-wondering-if-I-croaked