*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/642931-Minor-Improvements
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#642931 added March 30, 2009 at 10:01am
Restrictions: None
Minor Improvements
The last fews days have been remarkably better than the last few weeks. I think it is due largely in part my intake of antibiotics and the subsequent return of good health. The Northeast has at last seemed to shake off winter's clutches and there are new, bright green bursts of life all about the yard. I feel a particular resurgence in myself as well, a new confidence that has given me back some of my edge. The next thing on the agenda is road trip up the east coast from Florida with stops in Myrtle Beach and Cape Hattaras, which I am really looking forward too. I'm not sure how we will fare with that much alone time, but certainly, there is not anyone else I feel I could do that trip with. That has to count for something, right? On the writing front, I'm getting ready to send my very first submission into a publication. It is a small, non-paying one but its a step. Furthermore, I committed, at least mentally, to writing the story my grandmother has always wanted me too. It is a daunting undertaking as most family sagas are but I believe I can tell the story well and give justice and voice to a man I loved. The story of my grandfather, his suicide and all the lead up to it and from it, is something I have written about before. However, my examination of it neatly circled a very central and painful theme. In this new work, I will not be able to do that. I'm afraid I will have to face my own pain and guilt head-on.

© Copyright 2009 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/642931-Minor-Improvements