*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/643481-The-Fool
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#643481 added April 2, 2009 at 4:19pm
Restrictions: None
The Fool
I haven't blogged in weeks, I haven't written poetry in months and months. I'm a day behind in celebrating April Fool's Day....but I'm celebrating.

The journey of the Tarot begins, or perhaps ends, with the Fool---the zero. The Herbal Tarot deck is still my favorite out of the several that I own. The Fool in this deck is positive, moving forward, smelling a rose while she walks to the edge of the precipice, her sacred bundle flung on her back, a ray of sunshine illuminating her face.

Starting with the Fool, I plan, again, to work through the entire Tarot deck, card by card.
Certainly not daily, but step by step to the precipice.

Because I haven't been writing I've wondered whether to continue here or whether to continue writing at all. But then, I receive an e-mail from a reader who tells me that she keeps a copy of one of my poems in a special box, coupled with a photograph she took. That alone will keep me continuing on this writing quest...even if currently the muse is quiet. The Fool must be a sort of ShapeShifter....

 ShapeShifter  (E)
a poem for my 55th birthday--10/31/06--Happy B'day to me!
#1163351 by ridinghhood-p.boutilier


Tomorrow I plan on attending a seminar on Centering Prayer...just another step in the Fool's journey.

What I suspect, and what the Fool is whispering to me...is that I have been far too serious, and too adult. Whimsy, fantasy, the mystical, the mysterious....they are what I need to carry in my bundle...and they are IMPORTANT....but perhaps, not serious.

A Happy Belated Fool's Day!

© Copyright 2009 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/643481-The-Fool