*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/644451-Greetings
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#644451 added April 9, 2009 at 5:21am
Restrictions: None
Greetings
A good time was had by all on Monday and Big Pam is still rejoicing making it to sixty. Neither of her parents did. I'll try to post a few photos later in the week for those who asked, but I need to rearrange my photo albums on here. I do wish they'd allow more than a measly five hundred pictures. After all, those of us who lead such glamorous and action packed lives *Rolleyes* need to illustrate our exciting entries in glorious technicolour.

Time is on a roll and things are getting extremely hectic here. One minute it was January and now here we are with only three weeks left before our trip. Consequently, my blogging and commenting may become rather sporadic as I try to fit it in between appointments and planning.

In the next few weeks I have so many things going on and such a lot of days already earmarked I think I might meet myself coming backwards. Then there's that damned knitting to finish, sorting out my Dad, a visit from sis and the hairdressers/doctors/opticians/dressmakers/last minute shopping. And we still don't have any suitcases. *Shock*

At least I'm considerate enough not to have a burpday before we go away. Hubby and both our travelling companions have one this month, so that means more shopping and celebrations/commiserations. I thought I'd get their cards today but even that has become the most complex of tasks.

What on earth has happened to the simple act of purchasing a burpday card? At any given time of year card shops seem to be dominated by alternative occasions. Today one whole wall was covered in St George's Day cards and another by Easter, while the humble burpday cards were cramped up in a corner. There are cards these days for the ex-spouse, the cat, dog, budgie, secretary and step-parent, as well as congratulations on your divorce/smoking cessation/marathon run/weight loss and menopause survival.

So what next? Happy Monday/Washing Day/Hospital Appointment/Couch Potato Night/Dental Treatment? Congratulations on Waking Up/Cooking Dinner//Emptying the Trash/Multiple Orgasm/Taking a Dump? The older I get the crazier I think the world has become and cashing in has taken the place of simple, sincere good wishes.

Call me an old cynic if you like. Maybe I should set up my own business creating cards for those of us who refuse to be sucked in by commercialism and profit. Any suggestions for a company name?


© Copyright 2009 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/644451-Greetings