*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/645881-Its-a-wrap
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#645881 added April 19, 2009 at 9:31am
Restrictions: None
It's a wrap
Two words...............N A S H V I L L E ~~ R O C K S ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I want to go back. And I found the perfect job for me, but I'll get to that in a bit.

Wednesday we taxied to the Wax Museum. I've been to better ones, but I did enjoy seeing all the hand/footprints in cement. So many big stars took the time to do that complete with wishes and autographs. After that Michelle and I headed to Cooters. Now you have to be a Dukes of Hazzard fan to appreciate it. And Michelle sure did. It was cool, they have all the original vehicles, the General Lee, Daisy's Jeep, Roscoe's squad car. Orignal scripts were in a glass case, a tv played episodes. And if you thought just maybe it wasn't a big deal back in the day......just check out the kids bedroom display. We sure know how to market something. Who knew you could get rugs, bedspread, sheets, towels, lamps, toys, miniature cars...etc.......the list is quiet long, I assure you. Went into Willie Nelson's place, had some cool stuff to see in there as well. Across the street from all of that was the Gaylord Opry Hotel. OMG that place is amazing. There is an actual Mansion this place is built around. We took the boat around inside, found out they mailed thousands of empty Jack Daniels bottles, you the ones you'd get on a plane, and asked for everyone who got one to fill it from a lake, ocean...and only got a handful back. But that is how they filled the indoor river, with water from all over the world. And of course, in a classic T move, the first picture I shot, my batteries died. UGH! So hate it when that happens. Good thing I had the video capture on the blackberry. That purple beauty is good for something. Later that night we headed back to Opry Mills mall, had dinner at TGI Fridays, and went to see a movie. You have to see I love you, Man it is great and will having you laughing all the way through to the end.

Thursday Michelle and I walked down to the Golf and games. Played some air hockey, shot baskets, and I dropped a bundle at skee ball. Michelle left that day, but ended up stuck at the airport for three extra hours, and was not a happy camper when she finally arrived in Michigan. I just hung out at the hotel, waiting for word, and watching the Wings kick some booty on ice. Ahhh, nothing better than playoff hockey.....it's FANtastic!! *Laugh*

Friday had to be the best. Went to the Country Music Hall of Fame, walked around downtown. Can't get over how many bars can be side by side on just one block, all with live music pouring out into the street. It was a beautiful day, in the 70's, and the sun felt so good on my skin. Later that night, I was in the Wildhorse Saloon. OMG! Love, love, LOVED it. Live music, a DJ, and playoff hockey that went into OT. Can't remember the last time I had that much fun. When the band took a break, the DJ would play some music as a girl taught everyone on the dance floor moves for a line dance. Now that is the coolest job. I so could see myself doing just that. Forgot how much I missed dancing, with the music blasting so loud you can feel the beat beneath your feet. Love that feeling. The saloon had three levels, never seen anything like that before. Heard it gets that packed during the summer. That I'd love to see.

The band - TELLURIDE - were awesome. Pretty new, and yes, I bought their CD. Listening to it now as I write this as a matter of fact. Was great when they played a cover of Keith Urban. But they have some good songs of their own, so check them out.

www.tellurideband.com

Phone song is good, so is Pickstown, and Without Sayin.

Had a lazy Saturday, nothing wrong with that, and then off to the airport. Talked to a couple of U-ppers. They stayed at the expensive hotel, and told me how they paid $20 for two drinks. OUCH! They so know how to get you in the pocketbook. Give you the deal on hotel and airfare, but pick up the loss in all the little things.

Yeah for VACATION~~

Ok, I'm off to get some reviews in for Author Appreciation Day. Then spend the day with the family.

© Copyright 2009 Purple is House Florent (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple is House Florent has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/645881-Its-a-wrap