*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/645940-Have-Suitcase-Will-Travel
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#645940 added April 19, 2009 at 7:08pm
Restrictions: None
Have Suitcase, Will Travel
Mission accomplished. We managed to find some reasonably priced, decent suitcases in glorious shades of PERKLE at a local shopping outlet today. We wheeled them back to the car and then went on to enjoy a pub lunch sitting outside in very welcome sunshine.

On arrival home we discovered one of the cases has a faulty handle, so necessitating another trip next week to replace it. The smaller case has been trialled and amazingly seems quite happy to accommodate all the cruise gear we won't want to be lugging all over the States. That will be left in New York until we arrive back there.

The next task is to find a way to pack for all weathers, all occasions and all eventualities while crossing America. This may require military precision when taking into account weight limitations on planes, space limitation in taxis, buses and trains and energy limitations when it comes to dragging the damned things between destinations.

Funds will be limited, but we hope to take in as many trips and tours as we can. Purchases of new clothing, gifts and shoes will take top priority. We're nervous; we've never done anything like this before and at our age it's a big adventure. But it's almost here and those suitcases are beckoning to be packed. How many shoes has to be the biggest poser.

I'll post our finalised route soon. If there's anyone willing to meet for coffee, drinks, a meal or a quick hello, I'm quite happy to oblige. Obviously I won't post personal details here and don't expect others to, but exchanging phone numbers behind the scenes may be the way to go.

I am so looking forward to meeting Nada and Lance again. I never imagined when we met them in London last year and they suggested we should visit them, that it would actually become a real possibility. Never give up on your dreams. But I must away to sleep and no doubt will experience the weird ones which leave me wondering if I'm really fit to be wandering around across the pond. Be afraid - be very afraid. *Laugh*


© Copyright 2009 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/645940-Have-Suitcase-Will-Travel