*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646264-Birth-Pangs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#646264 added April 21, 2009 at 3:18pm
Restrictions: None
Birth Pangs
This is my response to the "Invalid Item prompt for April 20, 2009: What do I have to be optimistic about in today's world?


I am optimistic in today’s world because the present crisis facing humanity is the birth pangs of a new planetary civilization, a new stage in the collective evolution of the human race. This purpose of this present crisis is to unite humanity into a single race, a single planetary civilization in which the cultural heritage of every nation and tribe is valued as a component contributing to the creativity and success of the individual and society.

Humanity has gone through several stages of civilization. These stages consisted in the unity of the family, the tribe, the city-state, and nation. The next stage is the unity of the planet and humanity itself. This and the concept of oneness helps keep me optimistic in today’s world

The oneness of God: The Deity is a single unknowable essence with a multitude of names.

The basic oneness of religion: Religion is like a rainbow, which is a single ray of light passing through a prism that divides it into its component colors.

The oneness of humanity: Humanity is a single species, the climates through which our ancestors passed and in which our ancestors settled affected there physical appearance after they migrated from Africa.

This present crisis will pass, humanity will become united as a single species whose component parts will contribute to a planetary civilization that knows how to both respect and use Earth’s natural resources at the same time.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646264-Birth-Pangs