*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646452-Romulus-Remises-and-the-Seven-Hills-of-Rome
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#646452 added April 22, 2009 at 6:36pm
Restrictions: None
Romulus, Remises and the Seven Hills of Rome
This is my response to "Invalid Item prompt for Tuesday, April 21, 2009: Today is the 2762 birthday of Rome. Discuss anything related to this topic, including: Rome, Europe, the Latin language, mythology, and any combinations of Roman inventions.


My knowledge of anything Roman consists of several bits of information picked up from movies, books, periodically watching Jeopardy, and reading the story of the birth of Christ. Whether or not any of what I know about Rome and Romans is true or not, I don’t know.

What I do know or think I know is this. Romulus and Remises, one or both of whom founded Rome, were twins who were raised by a she wolf. As far as I know, Rome was built on seven hills, which is probably why the citizens road in chariots. Let’s face, after a certain age it gets extremely difficult to climb up and down seven hills to get home.

I know that one of its emperors played some type of musical instrument while the city burned. I also know that they feed people, mostly Christians to the lions in arenas. I know that the Romans were conquers, who ruled England and Israel for a while.

I know Rome was a city-state. Somewhere along the line I picked up the idea that the Romans didn’t like the Spartans (another city-state in the area). The Spartans had a tendency to throw babies born weak or deformed off a cliff, which may or may not be the reason the Romans didn’t like them. Come to think about it the Romans versus the Spartans sounds like a football game rather then military battle, of course, there may not be too much difference.

I know that Paul was in Rome; in fact, I think there were several Saints imprisoned in Rome. I saw the movie A Funny Thing Happened to Me on the way to the Forum (at least, I think that was the name of the movies). I do know the movie had something to do with Christians being fed to the lions and that one of the lions didn’t want to eat the person who removed the thorn from his paw.

What I would like to know, is why all the lions in the arena were males. For there to be that many male lions in the arena, eating people, there must have been female lions somewhere.

That concludes my discussion of Rome and anything Roman.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646452-Romulus-Remises-and-the-Seven-Hills-of-Rome