*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646572-In-a-strong-wind-hed-blow-away
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#646572 added April 23, 2009 at 11:54am
Restrictions: None
In a strong wind, he'd blow away.
Yesterday Dave and I took Thomas to his 15-month check up. They checked his height, weight, head circumference, eyes and ears.

He's entering a shy phase, so he cried and fussed whenever a nurse or the doctor handled him.

It didn't help that at the end two nurses and I held him down as they poked each thigh with more vaccinations. Poor fella. Once they gave him a lollipop, the tears stopped like flipping a switch.

While we waited, he did enjoy trying to dismantle a small plastic human heart that opened up to show the four chambers. Heck, I thought it was cool!

For his height, he's in the 87% for his age at 32.5 inches. He's grown 1.5 inches in the last three months.

However, for weight, he's in the 0% at a feathery 18lbs 10oz. He gained a mere 6oz since his last visit.

The doctor isn't too concerned, although he told us to keep an eye on it. If he wasn't growing height-wise, not gaining any weight, or progressing slowly in other areas, then the doctor would recommend some testing to start.

I'm not concerned. He eats good, and is a typical, active toddler who's happy more often than not. He's a lucky bug with a high metabolism, methinks.

I need to take a picture of him in the bathtub, and then you'll see how skinny he is. Plus he's got the cutest little bottom (what toddler doesn't?).

© Copyright 2009 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/646572-In-a-strong-wind-hed-blow-away